You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Ground Sweatbox

Earvie Rollins 971247

Earvie Rollins 971247
Posted
Posted

I am wondering how can I create a ground sweatbox file, either for ACSIM or TWR Trainer.

2572.png

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Hey Earvie,

Docomeentation provided with each program will help you to solve your question. You may also the ZNY training administrator for those docomeents, since it looks like you're an EWR mentor in ZNY.

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

"Ground Sweatbox file" - what do you mean by this? From what I understand ACSIM does not support ground traffic, only airbourne traffic. By "Ground Sweatbox file" do you mean generating an aircraft situation file or an airport layout file (TWR Trainer only). You can use my program to edit aircraft situation files... Aircraft Situation Editor. Version 1.2 is to b e released soon.

Regards

Craig

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

Earvie Rollins 971247
Posted
Posted

I am looking for a program that allows me to create ground files for airport as in (Taxi)

2572.png

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

Just to clarify... Its for TWR Trainer? There is no (known) client, im affraid. Actually that sparks an idea...

Craig

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

Earvie Rollins 971247
Posted
Posted
Just to clarify... Its for TWR Trainer? There is no (known) client, im affraid. Actually that sparks an idea...

Craig

Well I guess now for TWR Trainer. I am just looking into create a GND sweatbox files for students at my ARTCC how can I do that?

2572.png

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Hey Earvie,

It takes a bit of work but it is worth it. I've created them for four fields in ZDV so far. Take a look at the KBTV example in the TWRTrainer directory (if it's in there). Otherwise, you can view the details on how to create those files on the TWRTrainer website. I don't want to release the URL on the forums since it's not to be given out to non-training staff people. Since you're a mentor, your TA should be able to provide you with the link. E-mail me for some example airport and aircraft files if you'd like to see some. (harold[at]denartcc.org).