You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM UK Forums Temporarily Disabled?

Martin Leat 860888

Martin Leat 860888
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know why this is?

Regards

Martin Leat

craig workman 929129
Posted
Posted

silencing the membership maybe?

craigworkman.png

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Probbly some maintenance Ant is doing, im sure they will be back shortly,

atc1o.png

Michael Benson
Posted
Posted

The truth hurts eh?

Michael Benson

Importer and Exporter of aluminium tubing from Slough Intl

Ben Sargeaunt-Thomson 8348
Posted
Posted

Its worest than the X-Files.....

The Truth is out there..........

Martin Leat 860888
Posted
Posted (edited)

Please all do not be so cynical . I am sure it will be back soon. I have spoke to Anthony and he is aware.

Edited by Guest

Martin Leat

Gregg Donohoe
Posted
Posted

Lets not Drag this nonsense onto these forums.

Regards,

Gregg Donohoe I1

VATSIM-UK Examiner

Scottish and Northern Ireland RTSI

n721564435_974864_863.jpg

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

heh, I wondered how long it'd be before this topic appears.

I've taken it on myself to disable the forums - I stand by my actions and if everyone believes I'm in the wrong so be it. At present, they will remain closed until I have a response from the regional director on what the hell is supposed to happen with this division.

I've not contributed to the thread in question, instead I've been monitoring it very closely and quite frankly am appauled at the way our division is behaving. If anything, we're destroying ourselves from the inside-out. Everyone is here because they have a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ion for aviation; for some this is the closest they'll ever get to being a "pilot" or an "ATCO". I, like many, have a huge p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ion not only aviation but for this hobby and I can't stand to see it fall apart all because of a few disagreements amongst people. I'm not saying anyone was in the right, nor am I saying anyone individual was in the wrong, but what I am saying is that everyone needs to have a good hard think about what you're doing to our Division. Is this how we want to continue? Is this the road we really want to go down? Does everyone really want to demonstrate to eachother how childish/immature/pathetic they can be by contesting in a mud slinging match? I'll stand by people when they're in the right, but at present I'm horrified that something I've contributed so much towards has gone down this road; I'm also embar[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed to be a part of this division and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with the people amongst it...

I've always been taught that two wrongs don't make a right, and this certainly isn't solving anything. I've emailed Kyp detailing the actions I've taken in preventing the UK from continuing in this turmoil, and I would only hope that this thread is also locked to prevent further arguments.

Good evening,

Anthony

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I was reading the UK forums when they went down. We'll have to wait for the owner to fire it back up.

When that occurs I hope those who cherish VATUK will pull together to create a new beginning from the ashes.

I'll lock this one as allowing what was going on in the UK forum here is a non starter.

Kyle Ramsey