You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Scratchpad entries

David Walsh 811659

David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

Is there any particular reason why I can't enter waypoint/navaid names into the scratchpad?

I would like to enter PEBLU into the scratch but it won't take it. It will take it if I put >PEBLU or a similar variation but not the waypoint itself.

Cheers,

David.

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted

The Scratchpad will never contain any navigation point. Putting the name of a fix or NDB/VOR into the scratchpad will issue a direct to this fix. The scratchpad remains empty but the direct is set as next COPX.

Jannis

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

To be more specific: it still is inside the scratchpad, it is just not displayed as scratchpad entry by ES, because ES recognizes the waypoint and then issues the DCT.

Theoretically a VRC user is able to view the waypoint in the scratchpad. The problem with VRC is, that it can only display 4 characters in the scratchpad, so I don't know which part of the scratchpad is displayed in VRC if you for example set a speed, a direct and a rate. Everything will be there, it will just be too long for VRC.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I think the last entered will be shown in VRC...