You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

i'm completely confused

Chris Medina 1112744

Chris Medina 1112744
Posted
Posted

can anyone help me start, i don't know how to use a VRC and a squawkbox? please help me, i'm just new to VATSIM, i'm From the Philippines, i hope, you guys can help me start. Thanks and Have a Good day

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris...welcome to VATSIM.

Where to start depends on where your interests lie.

1. "I am Interested in using VATSIM as an Air Traffic Controller".

If so, then you need to join a division and an local area (for example...the Phillipines). The local level staff will get you started on the local procedures and provide you with the sector files for the area for use within VRC (or Euroscope - both are the Air Traffic Control clients (ie software) that you use to work as ATC).

2. "I am Interested in using VATSIM to fly online".

If so, then your best place to start is the VATSIM Pilot Resource Center (PRC). You can read through the materials (broken up into lessons) here:

http://vatsim.net/prc

A little time spent here will answer many questions about how VATSIM works and how you are expected to use it. The PRC will answer questions you haven't even thought about yet.

There is further training available online beyond the PRC but that is a great place to start.

I hope this helps. Once again, welcome to VATSIM.

George S. Marinakis

VATSIM6, co-Founder, VATSIM

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Mabuhay, Chris!

You can add me up on Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger whichever you would prefer and I can help you get started.

See my profile for contact details.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Chris Medina 1112744
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much! i'll add you up on yahoo messenger

Chris Medina 1112744
Posted
Posted

is it possible if i can get you email, can you send me your Yahoo messenger or MSN by Private Message, Thanks