You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Beijing FIR/vACC

Colin Zhang 1103737

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted

Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places, but I currently live in Beijing and would like to become a visiting controller in the virtual version of the city . I am not sure what region/FIR to contact and how to go about with becoming a visiting controller. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks!

VATUSA ZSE Staff Mentor, S3

1798.png

Ken Hui 1009972
Posted
Posted

Hello sir,please contact Al Tang if able.TH is the direction for being ATC

Ken Hui(C1,1009972)

Chief Executive

http://www.silver-va.org/

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks, Ken. I tried contacting him at at.shacc(at)gmail(dot)com but the email bounced back. Do you know the proper way to contact him or an alternate person to contact? Thanks!

Edited by Guest

1798.png

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

Hi Colin,

First, I would like to apologize for this belated reply. The email address provided by Ken had a typo and should have been at(dot)shaacc (at) gmail (dot) com.

I'm please to welcome you to join the China controller team. Before I can put you into any training courses, I would like to know your controlling background here on VATSIM. May I ask you to kindly send me a brief resume of your flying/controlling experience, either in real-world or simulation, to the aforementioned email, so that I can arrange something that fits your the best.

Thank you for your interest in joining.

Best Regards,

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted

Hi Alfred, thanks for the informative response. I must admit that it was pretty much my fault with the typo, I had found the address listed on another VATSIM site I can't seem to recall at the moment. Will send the email right now - I think you will find that although I am not a glorified C3 or VATSIM veteran, I am dedicated, very willing to learn, and will gladly relearn anything that may be different from the US. Thanks for the warm welcome .

1798.png

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted

Email sent a couple days ago. Are there any SOPs and general guides on anything different on China that I could read while I am on my trip to Seattle and unable to control until July 1? Thanks again!

1798.png