You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"Connection to Flight Simulator lost" problem

Nikolay Efimov 884437

Nikolay Efimov 884437
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Recently, i'm getting the problem of loosing "Connection to Flight Simulator". What usually happens is, during takeoff, climb, descent and approach (and virtually never during cruise!), from time to time, the sim freezes for 5-10 seconds, then re-loads the textures, and i get the above message along with disconnect from VATSIM. On average, it happens 6-7 times per flight.

I've got no firewalls, no anti-virus software, and besides, had no problems of this sort until mid-July. Thinking that it could be server problem, i am now constantly swtiching b\w servers and it doesn't seem to help in any way. It is also not my internet connection, as it has been unchanged for the last year, and then again, nothing happens in cruise. It doesn't seem to depend on the traffic load either, because it still happens when there's nobody around for 100nm.

PC performance shouldn't be an issue either, as the sim doesn't "freeze up" during offline flying.

Very strange situation, if you ask me,

Seeking help of those in the know.

Appreciated,

Nick E.