You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MCP - GoFlight vs VRInsight

Charan Kumar

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I am planning to buy one of these...Goflight or the VRInsight. My primary acft are Lvl D and MADDOG and both on FSX only...while I know the VRInsight can be programmed with a lot of settings and it comes with a lot of features within it, I am still leaning towards the Goflight module...

Anybody using this combination, would you pls provide some feedback, suggestions, comments...gotchas...kindly list them out so I know before I shell out USD500 .

Appreciate in advance!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• 1 month later...
Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

I am extremely happy with my VRInsight Products, I have the CDU and MCP and fly the same aircraft as you. I wouldnt look back it addsa completely different dimension to the experience.

955672.png

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi

I haven't got either of them although I have used both. The goflight package is awesome in looks and to be honest is probably the better of the two regards feel, and looks. It does really look like a Boeing MCP. That said even though it's supposed to work staright out of the box with your Leveld etc it can be a pig to setup.

On the other hand a friend of mine has one of the Vrinsight ones and it is stunning. It's a little bigger than the goflight one and has countless functions and works staright out of the box with little or no problems.

www,flightstore.co.uk have a sale on at the moment and to be honest is quite a bargain. I'm sur ethey would ship toi the US but of course their would be import duty to pay.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Tks for the feedback guys, I know what both of you mean!! VRInsight would definitely be a gr8 addition. But in the meantime a few things happened, and I had to switch back to FS9 whereby I don't have the Level D anymore (yes I made the dumb mistake of not by the FS9 and the upgrade) and since I also fly X-Plane, and VRInsight support for that wasn't very clear, I went ahead and bought the Go-Flight MCP. I also have other GF modules so this only complements them and Wycliffe, I got a chance to meet that pig on my way to setting it up!! But after a couple of days struggle, no regrets...I still have FSX and it works fine with Lvl D only becoz of the extensive memory usage I had a C2D as the plane was crossing 1500 ft... *LOL*. I also plan to build a custom small home cockpit setup so that was another reason to go with GF. GF-MCP doesn't work on old PSS ABs and definitely not on the concorde...but I am hoping that will change some day.

VRInsight CDU is still something I wish to get someday...and from what you say Jonathan sounds like it will be a gr8 add-on. Does it work well with MADDOG too? I know you can program the key mappings, but I haven't explored it much.

Tks once again for the f/b.

Cheers!!

Charan

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Charan,

I have only used the Maddog once with it however there is no profile available for it. (Which means the user has to go in and manually create one, which could take 15 minutes to 6 months.)

Other than that It is a fantastic product, I dont have the full screen one, although I wish I did it would be so much cooler.

Cheers!

955672.png