You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Active handoff area

Raffael WALTHER

Raffael WALTHER
Posted
Posted

Hello

I'm creating ES-Date for vACC Switzerland.

Can somebody please explain me:

1. What an active handoff area is

2. Under what conditions the red line appears (ex. http://www.euroscope.hu/wiki/data/Sectors_And_Aircraft_States_attach/astate02.jpg)

Kind regards

Raffael Walther

vACC Switzerland

Leader Operation Department

Best regards

Raffael Walther

vACC Switzerland

[email protected]

[email protected]

Alan Vucic 1041005
Posted
Posted

1) I believe that that is an area where ES suggests HO to next controller (not sure)...or you are asking about active HO area and answer is 15-10nm before border of next ATC....you weren`t specific about this question...

2) When ATC is active in that area so his borders are marked...I see this is EURE screen so in this case...LKAA & LZBB CTRs are online and EURE is not in control of that FIRs anymore

CrovACC TD Manager

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted
2) When ATC is active in that area so his borders are marked...

Which, by the way, has to be defined in the ESE for each SECTORLINE.

See: http://euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=ESE_Files_Description "The Sectorline Subsection"

Jannis

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg

Raffael WALTHER
Posted
Posted

We have have almost hundreds of sectors defined in our ESE-file. This is not a problem, as I'm now quite familiar with the ESE-format. But what I still do not understand are the exact conditions for the red line. Is this line only used to indicate that a sector is no longer under my control or should it generally appear at each border between a sector controller by me and another sector controlled by somebody else?

In our ESE, we have defined sectors for Switzerland and for the surrounding countries (Frankfurt FIR in the north, Munich FIR in the east, Italy in the south and France in the west). Now somebody staffs LSAS_CTR (there are no other controllers online in Switzerland). All CTR-Sectors of Switzerland will be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to this controller. Now, LFEE_CTR goes online in France to cover the area that borders to the sectors of LSAS_CTR. Should there be a red line between Switzerland and France now. I would expect "yes" but in practical tests it was not the case! Up to now I've just seen this red line between Switzerland and Frankfurt FIR. The special thing about this border is that the border above FL245 is more to the south than the one above FL245. The red line indicates the border above FL245 but also part of the border below FL245 has a red line.

EDIT

I think I've found the reason:

It's the DISPLAY section in the sector line definition that need to be overworked!

Best regards

Raffael Walther

vACC Switzerland

[email protected]

[email protected]

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted
EDIT

I think I've found the reason:

It's the DISPLAY section in the sector line definition that need to be overworked!

That's exactly what I meant

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg

Raffael WALTHER
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

Raffael Walther

vACC Switzerland

[email protected]

[email protected]