You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Simulator - initial climb level for departures

Andrew Carr 812404

Andrew Carr 812404
Posted
Posted

I have found that departing aircraft are automatically [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned 7000FT as the initial takeoff altitude in the simulator. Is there a way to change this, for example by specifying the initial climb level in the scenario file? I am working on a scenario where departing aircraft climb to 8000FT, and at the moment I have to change each aircraft manually. I can't find a reference in the wiki or forums about this issue and would appreciate any advice!

Thanks,

Andrew

----------------------

Andrew Carr

Director, ATC Training

VATPAC

Adam Arkley 1031024
Posted
Posted

Andrew,

Did you set the temp altitude for the aircraft before departure?

Andrew Carr 812404
Posted
Posted

Adam,

No; it appears to be a default setting in the simulator. As soon as I load the scenario, all aircraft sitting on the ground show an initial climb level of 7000FT in the 'Altitude' column of the Traffic Control Panel. I'm hoping to find a way to change this default setting so I don't have to manually change each aircraft before they depart.

Andrew

----------------------

Andrew Carr

Director, ATC Training

VATPAC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well I just did some tests and so far all my departing traffic are showing the APT Elevation. But I'm with the latest beta so if it is a bug it is fixed. Can you send me your scenery file for some test?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Andrew,

At the moment there is no attribute to set the initial climb level/altitude. I just put the 7000 to have a limit. I thought that normally when the plane receive a clearance the trainer will have time to set up all the things including the initial climb.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 1 month later...
Andrew Carr 812404
Posted
Posted

Gergely,

Thank you for confirming this. I'm using the simulator for a TMA session where there is a simulated TWR, so the student doesn't issue a clearance or initial climb - TWR (ie. the instructor) just fires them off the runway. If there's any way for a future version of the scenario file to include an initial climb altitude for each aircraft, that would be a great feature!

In any case, thanks for an excellent piece of software in Euroscope and a very useful simulator.

Andrew

---------------------

Andrew Carr

Director, ATC Training

VATPAC

----------------------

Andrew Carr

Director, ATC Training

VATPAC