You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC error while loading

Grant Williams 1100689

Grant Williams 1100689
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I am soon going to start training at ZTL and I was just messing around with the VRC getting a feel for it and when it loaded it said "unhandled exception would you like to save a diagnostic file?" What is that?

Also it said something about would I like to dump all memory and to say no unless told otherwise by a developer? And it saved some file as a .dmp!!!!

Should I try to uninstall VRC and get everything up and going again?

Thanks for helping a noob!

Grant

Grant Williams - 1100689

In honor and memory of Captain Howard Jones - Eastern Airlines 1954-1989

1100689.jpg

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

what details did it give with the unhandled exception ex. unhandled exception directx.dll missing or null

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

• 4 months later...
Kyle Youmans 1049393
Posted
Posted

happening to me i click to open the client, a message says "you INI file has been updated to the latest format" i click "ok", then the choose a session profile pops up and i can only choose "default" (doesnt save any other profiles i been clikcing to save). so clikc "ok" for default. the client comes on and the error message "unhandled exeption detected. would you like to save a diagnostic file?", i click no the program messes up and stops running then shuts off. if i click yes is says "include full memory dump? (say no unless instructed otherwise by a developer.)" if i click yes or no it says "failed to create dump file 'C:program files (x86)\vrc\vrc.dmp' (error 5)" then click ok and it messes up and stops running!

ALSO everytime i try to use my mic (atis or calirate) the program stops running and has to close, think it has to do with this dump file thing.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You may have to run VRC as an administrator ... give that a try if you haven't already.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Kyle Youmans 1049393
Posted
Posted

im not sure that is it ecause the error comes up before the connection process its right after the client comes on

• 2 weeks later...
Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted
im not sure that is it ecause the error comes up before the connection process its right after the client comes on

You should at least try it IMO. Sounds normal, I have to run as admin, had the same problem before I did so...in order to start up (correct me if I'm wrong) it may have to load up and later write to certain config files in the VRC directory in Program Files, which is protected from modification.

VATUSA ZSE Staff Mentor, S3

1798.png