You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

early events

Ernesto Alvarez 818262

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

whats with all the early events

was just about to setup to fly into Cleveland when i noticed it was a 1900 - 2200z event.

whatever happened to the 00z time period events? gives people time to get home, eat, relax, play with the kids, etc.. before getting online.

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

It's Saturday... afternoon events are a nice change. Not to mention you said events as in multiple events, yet this is the only late afternoon event I've seen in a while.

JM

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

take a peek at the calendar next week is houston's, a little more doable with the time

if its working for them, great, but may get larger turn outs if you let folks get home and prepare, yes people work weekends aswell

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

I agree, but I can also see the reason why you'd want to go for the afternoon event. A lot of times Saturday evenings are family nights. I personally end up taking my parents or grandmother out to dinner on Saturday evenings, so it's a nice change to have something in the afternoon. While I personally prefer early evening events, I'm not going to complain about a mix up in times a bit.

Also, according to my records the ZHU event is occurring in the evening (early evening, but still evening). I guess I see your point, but to a certain degree...

JM

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i would like to see vatusa start to take surveys. that would definitely aid in artcc's figuring out optimum event times etc... i know some just ask theyre controllers what times theyre available and thats what they go by, but if you also had those statistics for pilots, itd definitely help in the decision making of when an event should occur.

im not sure if they keep regional pilot stats but that would probably also be a good thing aswell as it would let the EC's target those pilot even better as these are the ones more likely to visit your airspace, in theory anyway.

just some ideas to throw out there. i know not everyone will be satisfied, the US spans several time zones, so it definitely isnt something easy, times gonna be way different on the east coast compared to an event in hawaii, these stats would hopefully let those in charge create events more tailored to pilot availability.

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

For us Europeans, 19z etc. is perfect !!!

New York ARTCC

Alan Dubois 1066383
Posted
Posted
whats with all the early events

was just about to setup to fly into Cleveland when i noticed it was a 1900 - 2200z event.

whatever happened to the 00z time period events? gives people time to get home, eat, relax, play with the kids, etc.. before getting online.

Gotta keep in mind that schools starting, and the little ones have homework and need to get to bed early. I realize that normally wouldn't apply to the weekends, but it probably would on Sunday events, and events scheduled during the week.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

USA5 did take a VATUSA-wide survey at the beginning of the year. I'm not sure if any ARTCCs are utilizing that information right now, though.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

wasnt that for mitre tho? the only one i remember, my memory isnt as good as it used to be