You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWR Trainer socket error

Matthew Spencer

Matthew Spencer
Posted
Posted

Hmm... for some reason whenever I put in all the TWR Trainer info and load the air file, I get socket errors. I heard S1s can't put targets up on the SB, but what about S2s? I've supposedly got a training session with a student this afternoon on GND and I'm not sure what to do at the moment.

Also I've doublechecked the server, CID, and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, so it's looking like a rating problem.

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Matthew Spencer (SP)

vZBW Training Administrator emeritus

1088911.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

im a C3 and i havent been able to add aircraft via the commands even copy and pasting the command string hasnt worked, all the rest do tho

Matthew Spencer
Posted
Posted

Well unfortunately it's not working for me when I load the .air file, but I'll try doing it manually. The .air file would just help so much... I don't want to have to make a session profile

Regards,

Matthew Spencer (SP)

vZBW Training Administrator emeritus

1088911.png

• 2 weeks later...
Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

What does the error say? Can you post a screenshot?

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

• 1 month later...
Chris La Salle 835050
Posted
Posted

If your error is a socket error: Closed by remote host : Index 0, callsign (aircraft call sign).I have seen two problems with mentors I have been training, the first is that the used their CID and VATUSA instead of their VATSIM p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. The other I have seen is that the socket error is due to the mentor or instructor not being set to the level by their ARTCC and FIR to VATSIM that allows them access as a mentor or instructor. I had a friend who has had this issue and I tried VRC with his account and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word into sweat box and he was getting the socket error for tower trainer and cannot connect to ACSim as well. So we connected using his computer his p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and CID to VRC and ran tower trainer using my CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and we were able to connect tower trainer through his system. What I am saying all this is that its not your computer or router or software it is the level of access that you have privileges for. Go ask your ARTCC staff to get you the access level you need. I hope this info helps.

Chris LaSalle

ZJX ARTCC ATA I1

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

OK...

Rule No. 1, you shouldnt be exchanging your VATSIM logon details to anybody.

Rule No. 2, people can only connect to the FSD server (whether it be sweatbox or not) using your VATSIM CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Rule No. 3, people can only connect to the Sweatbox FSD if their controller rating is S3 or higher.

If the rules are not followed above, the FSD may terminate the connection, thus throw an error to the client (you), saying 'Closed by remote host'. If to your knowledge that all of the rules above are being followed there may be a problem with the connection/server. However you stated that using your VATSIM login, the person was able to connect to the sweatbox FSD, which leads me to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that the person who was trying to login (with their ID) was not an S3 or higher (despite being set in your ARTCC/FIR)

To note, whatever your ARTCC/FIR has set for mentoring status (as far I am aware) it is not reflected on the VATSIM FSD. And I am only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that the lowest controller rating to logon is S3, because I am able to login to the sweatbox FSD as an S3.

Many Thanks, hope this helps

Craig Phillips

(ASE Developer)

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

Chris La Salle 835050
Posted
Posted

1. How do you know I was not on his computer using my account to access Sweatbox via Tower Trainer.

2, Why was I able to do training as a mentor when I was an S-2 in sweatbox?

While I appreciate the reply it seems something is a bit different in the set up.

Chris LaSalle