You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connecting as an Observer

Sean Grenyer 1059401

Sean Grenyer 1059401
Posted
Posted

Hey

Thinking about starting out in VATSIM ATC after being a pilot for ages, so wanted to have a look at Euroscope, what it offers and how it runs.

Is there any way of connecting to view a sample sector and the traffic online simply as an Observer without having to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the exams, etc to obtain the usernames and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words?. Just wanted a quick look! Doesn't seem a way of doing this. Manual no help.

Cheers.

Sean

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Sure, just install ES, download the SCT/ESE file of the sector you want to observe, and chose OBSERVER as facility type and Rating in the connect dialog. As Callsign you would use something like SG_OBS.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Sean Grenyer 1059401
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that part of the Connect process but obviously do not have a Certificate and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to input. Are there 'default' observer entries I can put here simply to try out the program, without obviously controlling any aircraft?

Thanks.

Sean

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Sean,

The "Certificate and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word" I guess is the standard login for VATSIM, so your ID and VATSIM p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word goes here, as allways.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC