You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC.ini Error

Joshua Black

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

It's been quite some time since I've had issues with VRC. I just tried starting up VRC and I get the error "Could not read INI file!" It then brings me to the profile select screen and noticed that not even half of my profiles were showing. I try selecting the one I want, but is quickly followed by the error "Could not read and/or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] VRC.ini" I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice now, but keep getting the same result. I've installed no updates recently that could possibly affect VRC in any way. I've tried running as Admin, but I'm getting all these random errors that shouldn't be showing up, as well as VRC failing to download any servers every second time I run VRC. Using Windows Vista.

Thanks for all your input and help. Hopefully I can get the issue worked out before tomorrow's FNO and Saturday's Saturday Scramble.

Joshua Black

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can you send me your ini file? (Remove your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word!) My email is vrc at metacraft dawt com.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 months later...
Jason Beams 1133551
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got the same error on my second time loading VRC. The session profile screen appears blank.

edit: I found that this error only occurs when launching VRC directly from the installation folder. If you launch VRC with a shortcut (like the one found in your start menu), VRC will launch normally. Hope this helps.

Edited by Guest

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Take a look at your VRC.ini file and see if it somehow got emptied out. If so, delete it and reinstall VRC.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jason Beams 1133551
Posted
Posted
Take a look at your VRC.ini file and see if it somehow got emptied out. If so, delete it and reinstall VRC.

Hey Ross, I submitted this as an edit to my previous post before I saw you had responded.

Thanks for your hasty response.

"I found that this error only occurs when launching VRC directly from the installation folder. If you launch VRC with a shortcut (like the one found in your start menu), VRC will launch normally. Hope this helps."

• 6 years later...
Raaj Patel
Posted
Posted

Hello, I have been having this problem and I see you have found the solution. But when I try to open it from my start menu or my desktop icon there isnt anything there even tho when I run through the installer I select both of those options.

Thanks,

Raaj Patel
Posted
Posted

^^^Just realized that was a 2009 Problem He is mostly not active anymore and I am suprized it was not fixed