You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Post your video card stats and fps!

Erich Mohler 1033627

Erich Mohler 1033627
Posted
Posted

I want to get an idea of what people are running with the latest and greatest in GPUs. I think this will be benificial to everyone who is looking or is new to the FS World. I'm debating between a GeForce GT 9600 512 mb, and a GeForce GTX 9800 512/1024 mb. The 9600 is running about $50.00 cheaper and I've already read one report of FS9 running over 60 fps consistently. Thanks for stopping by and drop your stats on the way out!

1033627.jpg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Make sure if you post your FPS, you also post your screen resolution. I run at 1920x1080, which has just under 2.1 million pixels for each frame. A card running at 1024x768 will have 62% less data to crank out, so for a true apples-apples comparison you'll want to compare similar resolutions.

I remember when I got my first LCD monitor; it arrived a few days before the rest of the hardware so I plugged it into my old system. It killed my FPS because my video card suddenly had 50% more pixels to generate for each frame.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

actually once you turn on full screen anti aliasing you have 2x-4x more pixels to render than your actual screen size Most people don't realize that part about oversampling..

btw there's really not much difference between those two cards performance wise. Go with the cheaper one. I have the 9500M and I can get 60FPS no problem even with the 2.2ghz processor. Just don't move all the sliders to the right.