You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX - Taxiway "stickiness"

Mark Richards

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Hi all

I'm trying as hard as I can to get more use from my copy of FSX and finding one issue I'm hoping someone can help me to resolve.

In order to taxi in most of my add-on aircraft (Level D 767, Wilco/feelThere E-Jet and 737PIC, Flight1 ATR etc) I need to set around 50+% N1 just to get them rolling, which of course is above thrust TOGA settings in most aircraft.

I got a replacement sim1.dll for FS9 that helped to resolve this phenomenon in FS9 but it's annoying me in FSX because it makes taxiing somewhat "interesting" to say the least.

Can anyone [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist??

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Adam Ruemenapp 1057792
Posted
Posted

What i do is set trottle 75% to get it rolling then leave it at about 20% then before it turn i set it to idle and roll to turn to avoid the gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts].

VP of Southwest Virtual Airlines

www.luvswava.org

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately that's as realistic as I would like.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi

I think if you have a look at those aircraft spec figures you will find that what you have qouted will not be to far off the mark in the real world.

A good way of checking the modelling of these aircraft is to fill them up with fuel and pax and see the difference then.

I know the Wilco PIC 737 normally gets moving around the 30% n1 mark.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Nicholas Taylor 1104922
Posted
Posted

It depends on your weight, if you load the LVD 767 properly for a flight from JFK - LAX you can get rolling and accelerate at about 36% N1, the PIC737 even fully loaded will go at about 38%, the E-Jet's always move at around 30% regardless of weight, and don't get me started on taxiing turboprops in FSX.

Nicholas Taylor

vZAU INS