You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What to expect from VATUSA

Andrew Podner 994055

Andrew Podner 994055
Posted
Posted

I am going to forgo the long email/speech that is customary for new Directors. Instead I want to simply layout the ideas that will drive the decision making process going forward:

*Promote fair and equitable treatment of all members under the CoC and CoR.

*Maximize staffing of airspace by qualified air traffic controllers.

*Increase air traffic levels within the division.

*Smoothly implement the policy directives of the VATSIM Executive Committee & Board of Governors.

There's not much more to it than that. I will spend the foreseeable future visitng individually with ARTCCs, VAs, and the USA Staff to get feedback on how they are feeling about the state of things.

In the meantime have fun and enjoy the hobby.

Andrew Podner

Division Director

VATUSA

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

excellent! let's get it done!

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted

Do you REALLY need to meet with all of the ARTCC's to see what the pulse is?

Let's see: Less traffic + less controllers + heaps of politics, bureaucracy, buffoonery, shenanigans, ambivalence, and sword fighting = not a lot of FUN. Isn't what this hobby is all about, after all?

And since there will be the common "what are your ideas?" (what are you doing about it?... etc, et al.) retorts, I'll just point you to my ever so popular post titled "The List".

THAT SAID: Andrew... It's not your fault. Alex... Not yours either. (Points in the direction of up.) As I'm familiar with... "It's over your head". Honestly, I hope that you can at least slow the roll of the speed of which the revolving door is spinning around here.

Tommy Rogers 971040
Posted
Posted

Let's see: Less traffic + less controllers + heaps of politics, bureaucracy, buffoonery, shenanigans, ambivalence, and sword fighting = not a lot of FUN. Isn't what this hobby is all about, after all?

And since there will be the common "what are your ideas?" (what are you doing about it?... etc, et al.) retorts, I'll just point you to my ever so popular post titled "The List".

THAT SAID: Andrew... It's not your fault. Alex... Not yours either. (Points in the direction of up.) As I'm familiar with... "It's over your head". Honestly, I hope that you can at least slow the roll of the speed of which the revolving door is spinning around here.

Wow, I feel motivated now.

Tommy Rogers, C-3

ZMA Controller

Vatsim Supervisor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can't hurt ... might even find out that not everyone thinks the VATSIM world is coming to an end.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Matt Gunter 800017
Posted
Posted

Can't hurt ... might even find out that not everyone thinks the VATSIM world is coming to an end.

Well said, Ross. Best of luck, Andrew.

Matt

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

Congrats Andrew!!!

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

And it begins...

Congratulations, Andrew! Not a better man for the job!

JM

Scott DeWoody
Posted
Posted

*noticing all the worn out sets of knee pads*

Good luck Andrew!

Scott DeWoody

CEO - American Virtual Airlines

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Can't remember who said it, but "The longest journey begins with a tiny step..." Bo has decided not to come along on our journey, preferring to wait at the start with his "List". I choose differently...as is everyone's right to do.

Good luck, Andrew. I, for one, look forward to exciting changes in VATUSA and VATSIM as a whole. However long the journey, those who refuse to take that first step will never see the end of the journey. In all honesty, I hope this journey called "VATSIM" never ends...it's just too darn much fun, despite the occasional namecalling and backbiting.

Andrew, carry us a while on our journey, make it better for those who follow behind us. You will have the gratitude of many if you do...as well as some pokes and jabs from the few every now and then. Please don't let it discourage you.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

good luck and keep your head above water and out of the fire if you can

especcially the fire

inside joke

anyway good luck and don't forget its only a hobby

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

• 2 weeks later...
Jonathan Heath 1129704
Posted
Posted

I am brand new to VATSIM. I joined 24 hours ago, and I have checked to ensure that I am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned North America - United States as my region/division, but I still can't login or verify at the vatusa.net website. Anyone have any suggestions? I would really like to start training soon.

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Hi Jonathan,

Have you done all the requirements on this page? http://www.vatusa.net/join.php

If you have and are still having trouble, I would recommend submitting a support request. The VATUSA guys will get back to you quickly: http://support.vatusa.net/

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Jonathan Heath 1129704
Posted
Posted
Hi Jonathan,

Have you done all the requirements on this page? http://www.vatusa.net/join.php

If you have and are still having trouble, I would recommend submitting a support request. The VATUSA guys will get back to you quickly: http://support.vatusa.net/

Well, I have tried to. I get hung up at the first step: CID verification.

I just sent them a support request, and I am sure they'll reply soon.

I can't wait to start this exciting hobby. Many moons ago, I wanted to be an ATC in real life, but "real life" got in the way of that, so I figure I can try my hand with VATSIM.

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

You'll definitely love it here. Certainly good times to be had.

You are showing up in the system as North America - United States, so there's probably either some sort of issue on VATUSA's side, or their database hasn't updated yet to match the VATSIM database (if you changed your information recently). Either way, they'll be able to help you out via the support ticket.

Welcome to VATSIM!

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Anthony Pavlak 1058071
Posted
Posted

Congrats Andy. Your training last year at ZFW gave me a leg up in becoming a real world ATC. Just about to check out on Local (for real this time). Don't know how many VATSIMers can say that.