You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Manilla FIR and Other ASIA-based FIR personnel Be Advised.

Jewon Lee 909227

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

As I plan to coordinate next event for this winter, I need to know if other FIRs excluding VATKOR, VATJPN, and VATROC, can participate.

It will not be easy though, I need to make sure those FIRs, which want to participate in this event, can provide quality ATC services following the standard rules in ATC world.

As a proving method and to evaluate the ATC service quality, local events with members from VATKOR, VATJPN, and VATROC, acting as pilots, will be used.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Regards,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Kar-Lok Wong 839249
Posted
Posted

Nice that we can expect an event again in the Asia Region!

VATSIM ASIA Region > http://www.vatasia.net

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

Jewon,

The only active area should be Manila and they should be able to provide some ATC coverage.

William

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. William Woo,

My main focus is, as you indicated also, to 1. revive Phillipines Region with enough ATC staff and 2. man the mainland China facility in adequate level.

Others come in later.

Consequently, I need to ask you if anyone in VATROC can be trained to staff the facilities (at least Center position) in mainland China since getting someone from actual mainland China is not possible due to many reasons.

Thank you guys.

Cheers,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Errol Ikalina 919928
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I was born in Manila but live in London UK now, I've been planning to train to become a controller and would love to be able to control RPLL (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) Manila.

How do I begin training to become a controller for this region?

Any help would be grately appreciated. Thanks!

URL: http://online.vatsimindicators.net/Your VATSIM ID/1000.png

Gary Law 842041
Posted
Posted
Hi guys,

I was born in Manila but live in London UK now, I've been planning to train to become a controller and would love to be able to control RPLL (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) Manila.

How do I begin training to become a controller for this region?

Any help would be grately appreciated. Thanks!

Please contact William Woo - The Regional Director of VATASIA...

Email : [email protected]

Regards,

Gary Law

Hong Kong VACC Chief , VATSEA

Nok Him Chow 928084
Posted
Posted

Thats great. i hope this event will be as good as the last one. However, im not sure wether that HK ATC will be able to come out to control together! Many have departed away! Anyway.. we will see. i miss VHHH_ATC

Michael Chow

Hong Kong VACC

Controller 1

logo_banner4.jpg

Kar-Lok Wong 839249
Posted
Posted

Sure we can! We try to arrange as much ATC coverage as we can.

Have you checked our (local) website and forum yet? http://www.vatasia.net

VATSIM ASIA Region > http://www.vatasia.net

Ming Lee 811204
Posted
Posted

Hello, All

It's really nice to know that we'll have a new event in the coming month.

VATROC is of course available to provide ATC service.

But be advised. Range from Korea to Philippine is quite far!

The event time and airports must be planned well.

VATROC will do our best to play the part of transit enroute control.

14adfb05938657.jpg

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Ming Lee and Others,

In fact, I am trying to concentrate traffics by selecting close airports and different time blocks for a pair of airports.

For example,

From 8-10PM VHHH-RCTP

From 10-12PM RKSI-RJFF

FROM 12-2AM RKPK-RCTP

FROM 2-4AM RCTP- VHHH

Something like that. Then we can concentrate traffic in one place and let other ATCs enjoy flying while others catch hell

Well. That is just very very rough picture right now. If you have any suggestion, let me know. The event thread should start soon.

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Ming Lee 811204
Posted
Posted

Does that mean Taipei FIR ATC must take over night shift??

The event lasts 8 hours! I don't think this is a good idea!

Based our experiences, it's completely impossible to move traffic into one airspace.

Even we published all neccesary information about event, part of pilots still didn't check it out.

I can ask VATROC ATC if they accept this kind of arrangement or not.

But we won't make ATC center if the event takes us such a long time.

We don't have money to pay for the cyber cafe.

14adfb05938657.jpg

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Mr. Ming Lee,

As I mentioned earlier,

this is a concept. and Yes. 8 hour event is just not possible. I was just setting up an example. However, I feel that we need some variety.

Cheers,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

• 2 weeks later...
Terrance Kan 841637
Posted
Posted

well since i just moved to Seattle so i might be able to take over at mid-night , so do u guys know when this event about to start ? anyway i will be so glad to online and work for the duty of HKG_V_CTR .

Of course , opening the Mainland is a good point to talk about , and some of us want to make that step too

but the mainland china ATC might be diffcult to stay on , cuz we don't have enough staff to organize it , the point is RCTP / VHHH FIR doesn't have enough staffs to transfer the ATC to the mainland , 2ndly not much people know how to fly inside there ,what i mean is kind of hard to push them or make the pilot fly there , if the ATC there no pilot there that will be a waste.

But please mind me to ask a foolish question ,what kind of service we want to provide in this event , a non stop CTR and full staff service ? or just fill out the whole China airspace with the CTR ?

Of course, everyone knows the answer ,we want a non-stop ATC + full staffs service in some of the Intl. airport , this is such a 25cents question right ? So how can we provide a full staffs service in mainland , even we don't have extra ATC for mainland .

Then let's us think about on this way , Mr. Jewon Lee , your idea looks working , but staying 8 hrs might be long , so how about we make it two days and 4 hrs each day ,they can be seperated to different day ; then we can encourage the pilot /VA to fly like a group flight in a service hours , no matter Hong Kong , Japan or even RPLL FIR. we make a plan , time schedule and they fly it.

p.s it is just an idea and what i though about it , if you think there are more solution that is much better or may be i was wrong on some point view please raise your hand and speak up . We need more and more people to give us suggestion to make the improvement .

KA992.gif

我沒有什麼經驗,有的å