You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Pilots / Controllers real names

Richard Webb 1097731

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted

I might be missing something here, but I could have sworn that when I clicked on a pilot and selected it (or a controller) that their real name used to display to the right of the command line. I am not seeing ANY contoller/pilot names anymore. Can someone please enlighten me?

-Rich

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

In 3.0 it works only in case you have the show simulated traffic checked. The pilot names are extracted from the statistics data. In the upcoming release I am asking from the server that works much better.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted
In 3.0 it works only in case you have the show simulated traffic checked. The pilot names are extracted from the statistics data. In the upcoming release I am asking from the server that works much better.

Gergely, Thank you for your fast response! I must say that I am extremely impressed with Euroscope. It seems to do all the "Hey, why can't VRC do this" things.. Not to say that VRC is a bad program because it is also excellent. Thank you for developing it!

What if I told you that I have that option checked and it doesn't seem to be displaying? Also I believe that option is supposed to allow me to see traffic on the network without a connection and that doesn't appear to be working either. I have tried adjusting the server value in the file, but it still won't seem to show the traffic.

Since I'm talking to the developer (*wink*) I have one other question - not to hijack my own thread, but what is the purpose of a clearance receive flag? I see the option (the E checkbox) in the sector inbound list, but don't know what it would be used for?

Thanks again!

-Rich

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted

Hi Rich,

What if I told you that I have that option checked and it doesn't seem to be displaying? Also I believe that option is supposed to allow me to see traffic on the network without a connection and that doesn't appear to be working either. I have tried adjusting the server value in the file, but it still won't seem to show the traffic.

Also this happens over here from time to time. We think it's caused by the URL of the VATSIM-data-server which - in 3.0a - is not determined automatically. The current Beta just loads an active server list and uses a server listed in it. I have never seen this problem again with the beta.

Since I'm talking to the developer (*wink*) I have one other question - not to hijack my own thread, but what is the purpose of a clearance receive flag? I see the option (the E checkbox) in the sector inbound list, but don't know what it would be used for?

Well, I'm not the developer, but I hope you'll accept my answer, too

After the pilot read back the clearance correctly, you can check the small box to say "this plane is cleared." Because the DEP-list is synced(*) between all stations which are controlling the active airport (from DEL up to CTR), the other controllers can better plan the traffic in advance. Additionally this can be used as a reminder, very useful in high traffic situations

Regards,

Jannis

(*)= If the ESE is set up correctly

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
ABRAM Jean-Pierre
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Problem with real name for pilots and controllers and show simulated traffic that does not appear

Euroscope with 3.0a and WindowsXP

In Message dialog =>

Dowloading Http: / / europe-cw.vatsim.net/satnet-data.txt

In response

Vatsim data dowloaded drivers with 0 and 0 controllers

The other URLs give the same result and live on the internet an error is displayed

In other set =>>

box show the simulated traffic and checked. (nothing to do with this situation simulation for "direct vatsim)

Or is the error? . Do you have the same problem? research on the forums do not give me an explanation

Thank you

Regards

JP

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

http://europe-cw.vatsim.net/satnet-data.txt =>

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404

Try http://www.net-flyer.net/DataFeed/vatsim-data.txt The satnet-data.txt name was changed months ago to vatsim-data.txt

ABRAM Jean-Pierre
Posted
Posted

Good evening Todor

Thank you very much your solution perfectly meets my expectations

friendly

JP