You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[ATC-Request GULF_FSS/OMDB] Groupflight to Dubai, 01.10.2005

Tis Meyer 835918

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Hello everybody,

titel.jpg

I already talked with Ilan about the following event and he said that ATC should be possible.

As he seems to be on holidays (communication was getting slow) I would like to post the ATC-request here where all of you can see it!

As Ilan might have informed you we will do a groupflight to Dubai on Saturday October 1st, 2005. 28 of 30 Slots are already booked.

Pilots will depart from Frankfurt and Zurich between 11.45-12.30UTC and will arrive in Dubai after about 6 hours of flight (~18.00-19.00UTC)

One of the main reasons for the event was that Ilan 'guaranteed' us to have ATC in the Middle East. So I really hope you can provide us some ATC!

Our route will lead us via Ankara FIR and then Teheran and Emirates FIR. So we would need Gulf_FSS or maybe 2 of them so that you can already begin spacing far before Dubai.

Then we of course need Dubai Approach, Tower and Ground. Full staffing isn't only a very good thing for us but it is also a good method to prevent controllers having too much to work.

Anyway. All further information about the event and about booking an ATC-position you can find in our Events-Sheet:

http://www.ils-groupflights.org/dxbatc.html

We kindly ask you to book your position as soon as you know you will be able to participate as this makes planning much easier for us.

I really do hope you can offer us complete coverage from Iran to Dubai as we relied on you while planning the event

Me, our team and all our pilots are looking forward to this unique event and we would like to thank you in advance for your support!

Ah, by the way: All of our pilots will have the FlyTampa-Dubai scenery installed.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask here or to [email protected]

Thanks,

Tis

Alex Long
Posted
Posted

I will personally guarentee you GULF_FSS will be alive and kicking that day. Look forward to working with your group. (( Ilan- Check your VATSIM E-mail ))

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Hello Alex,

thanks very much!

If it is you who will be the controller, could you please insert your name in our booking-system? Thanks for the support!

Tis

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

Not sure yet who will it be - the roster will surely include Alex, Opher and probably Shadi and me, but we still have to decide who goes where so we can handle the traffic well. I plan to have Gulf_fss+Bahrain+Emirates radar online, so there is place for everyone!

I'll be in touch with you guys!

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Former Vatsim Africa/Middle East Region Director(2004-2012)

http://www.vatame.net

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Ilan,

Watch out for Tis and his groupflight friends. They are trouble. They come into your airspace and bring lots of friends, making the poor ATC have a great time

I think I will have to try to utilise the ATC that will be online that day!

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ian Duke 814240
Posted
Posted

Norman -- at least there is radar in Dubai!

Cheers,

Ian

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
Norman -- at least there is radar in Dubai!

Radar? Sorry, this is a new term to me

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Nice to hear from you, Norman!

And the proof that you hadn't experienced any heavy health problems after our invasion. Thank God

Generelly we don't like to have any pilots who are not registered to prevent creating the same situation as when flying to NY (with just too many planes), but I will happily make an exception for you - after all that you have done for us!

Currently all 30 slots are booked but if there will be a free one you can get it. And if not, no problem

Slot Booking: http://blackswan.ch/vatsimslotplanner/book.php?id=24

So I will be happy to have you online with us. I'll send you all details some days before the event as our official event sheet will be written in german only.

Thanks,

Tis

P.S. Some general news:

- All 30 slots now booked

- Vienna control announced support with 1 or even 2 Radar controllers (no bookings yet though)

- Munich Radar already booked

- All other stations within SAG will most likely be manned soon

- Budapest Radar announced to provide ATC service, though no booking here, too.

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

@Ilan

Sounds great! Only 1 question: As I see it we won't p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] through Bahrain. So Bahrain as a country wouldn't be so helpful. But if Bahrain controlling area is expanded to be some kind of "Gulf-South" this would be fine with me... But you are the expert and I am sure that you know what you're doing

Ah, and just to be sure: I hope there will also be terminal ATC at DXB otherwise the Emirates-Radar guy could really get in trouble. Norman should still have a vivid picture of this situation in mind so I'm sure he will be happy to tell you more about the feeling of being left alone with our bunch of pilots *gg*

I am really looking forward, I want to thank you for your great support and I really see a big and good event coming.

Thank you guys, it is a pleasure to work with you!

Tis

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
I'll send you all details some days before the event as our official event sheet will be written in german only.

Es ist glücklich, daß ich Deutsches spreche

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Hehe, even better so...welcome aboard!

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

right, you won't cross Bahrain, got it ok now. I will re arrange my thoughts

Terminal ATC will be available too of course.

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Great!

Tis

• 3 weeks later...
Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Hey guys!

The event is getting nearer, and so I am sending reminders to all Event Coordinators.

As I can see in our booking system none of your guys has already booked a slot. So I just wanted to inform myself if you already some definitive positions staffed.

Opher already informed me that he will take Eurocontrol East as well as a position in the Gulf. Opher, could you please tell me the definitive station once you know it? Thanks!

As stated in my previous request, it would be good to have:

Gulf_FSS

OMDB-CTR (does this exist, or are the DXB-bound flights below that and directly handed to APP?)

OMDB-APP

OBDM-TWR

OMDB-GND (ground would be good to take some work from the tower guy so that he can concentrate on his work!)

Needed "in any case" for the event to be a success would be:

Gulf_FSS

OMDB-APP

OMDB-TWR

Would be nice if you guys could p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] me along your plan or your definitive bookings.

I ask you to book a position in our booking system, if you don't want to do so, just write your booking here or in an email to [email protected] !

Event-Page: http://www.ils-groupflights.org/gfdubai.html

Booking: http://blackswan.ch/vatsimslotplanner/book.php?id=24

I would also appreciate to know which holdings might be used in the fight against traffic (just tell me the Fixes and specifications (eg. SAFFA inbd: 090, right turns)= so that I can list them in the "last info sheet" I'll send to my pilots!

If you have any other ideas/special things of Dubai to be included in that sheet let be know!

That's it for now! I'm looking forward to Saturday guys, and I want to thank you for your support! It would't be possible without you, I hope yoe know that!

Greets,

Tis

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

Everything will be finalized (only) tommorow (Friday): my fault, been both sick and busy with real life matters.

You can rest [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ured that all positions are staffed for the event, no worries!

Cheers,

Ilan

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Thanks and I hope you're well again.

Tis

Jan Naslund
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Can't promise anything yet but i will try to login as Maastricht Radar (EURM_V_CTR) for your departure.

Best Regards / Jan

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hi Jan,

I think the german and swiss centers will be present at that time (check Eurobook), but perhaps EURS_FSS would be a good idea.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Hello,

thanks Jan for your offer. I think EURM is covered by the local FIRs. Unfortunately we're not crossing EURS airspace, we will stay within EURE. The only bad thing is that Ukraine (which we will cross) isn't included in Eurocontrol. So if you want to help us I would like to ask you to come online as "Simferopol Control" *gg*

Here you can see a map with our flight-path. As you can see we will not cross EURM-section, as Ankara seems to be just out of your area of competence. If you could do Ankara if the guys from Turkey don't come online (I'm not so sure yet...) this would of course be even better

atcsmap.jpg

Ah, and, by the way...doesn't it look nice? 30 pilots, and that much of (more or less) promised ATC

atcmap.jpg

So, thanks to all you guys for your help!

Tis

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

Guys, you are probably going to get some holds over Kish Island (Iran), a few minutes before arrivin at OMDB. I therefore suggest you download Kish Island scenery from our website (http://www.vatame.net) to have a better view while holding!

Ilan

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

LOL

Too late for me, airborne for 30min now

Tis

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

On the gate and still alive!

I would like to congratulate you for your excellent organisation. As far as I heard yet there were no bigger problems and your division of the Gulf area in GULF and Teheran really made sense.

Approach was a little stressful though, and because of the late approach clearence something inbetween Kai Tak and London City. But who cares. In my opinion it was an excellent event, mainly thanks to you guys!

Really cool, hope you had some fun, too!

Tis

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

That was great guys! I had a lot of fun at Teheran today!

we had a small problem with the second wave, when Opher had server problems and couldn't do the separation work in time. this is when Dubai got overwhelmed so I took you for some "manual holds" - namely a trip over Iran and the Gulf Islands

Everything went smooth at my place, and I wish to congratulate the controllers for a great job done, and the pilots for a joyfull evening!

Cheers,

Ilan

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Alex Long
Posted
Posted

Great event. Was lots of fun. Tis, your group is welcome in VATAME any time.

Tis Meyer 835918
Posted
Posted

Thanks...

what I heard so far from other pilots was good, too.

But, some had problems with your amazingly fast way of talkin, Alex. I mean, I really like it, but some aren't that much used to American/English ATC and they always had to ask two times. This was also based on the fact that your voice quality wasn't the very best.

But: If you'll have me on the scope, don't hesitate to do it that way - I really appreciate that

Second:

Some pilots said that they didn't like that they weren't placed at the terminal, so they couldn't fully use the wonderful scenery. Okay, no really bad thing, I know. I think you did that so that the landings on Rwy30R didn't have to cross 30L?

So. I am really happy that everything worked out so well. And I think they really appreciated your good service and they'll come again for sure. So do I.

If you have any event, please drop me a line!

That's it for now, I'll come again with a few pics to terminate this wonderful cooperation!

It was great with you guys!

Tis