You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No ARTCC reassignment option?

Austin Williams 1089499

Austin Williams 1089499
Posted
Posted

I'm looking to re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign myself from the CZYZ FIR in VATCAN over to the KZLA (Los Angeles) vARTCC. Visiting the ZLA site, I was directed to the VATUSA site to fill out the transfer form. I log in, and it says the option should be under the myVATUSA drop down menu, except it's not. What do I do now? When I try to become a new controller, it says I'm already [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to VATCAN. I've already p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed the VATUSA Basic Controller Exam. Is there an option somewhere I'm missing?

The only options I have is 'My Profile' and 'Exam Center'

Austin.

9642.png

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

First you need to transfer from VATCAN to VATUSA, then you can select the ARTCC you want.

Kyle Ramsey

Austin Williams 1089499
Posted
Posted

What is the fastest way to get that completed? I'll be the first one to admit that in no way is VATCAN the speediest in replies to important issues.

9642.png

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

It is usually automated from the VATCAN web site. If you don't find an answer there, try the VATNA web site, and if that fails contact Bryan Wollenberg, VATNA1 by email.

Kyle Ramsey

Austin Williams 1089499
Posted
Posted

I've looked on the VATCAN website, but it only gives me the option to transfer to different FIR's within VATCAN. I'll take a look and if that fails I contact him.

Thanks Kyle.

9642.png

Austin Williams 1089499
Posted
Posted

Hmm.. I'm having a bad day with all of this. Seems I can't find his email anywhere on the VATNA site (which, by the way seems rather empty) nor is it listed on his profile. Is there somebody else I can contact that would process this request rather quickly? Thanks for the help.

9642.png

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

I have never changed division before; but the Member Services section at the VATSIM has link to Change Division. You need to put in your VATSIM ID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume this would allow you to transfer from VATCAN to VATUSA. Once you are in VATUSA you can then select your ARTCC.

Good Luck.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

Austin Williams 1089499
Posted
Posted

Hi David,

I've tried that option as well.

"Sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

You have already been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the Canada division. Please contact the division director for further information on changing your division"

But, that is another thing I've tried with no results. All options at this point have been exhausted and I would love it if some staff member could just flip me over to VATUSA (hint, hint)

9642.png

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

Sorry that did not work. Looks like they have a bit more work to do on the procedures. One of the VASTIM folks will get you fixed up.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

As Kyle suggested, I would contact Bryan Wollenberg at b.wollenberg(AT)vatsim.net, he should be able to help you with your issue.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

The VATNA site is not empty and has contact info on membership as well as a contact form that goes to Bryan.

I recommend you avail yourself of those resources. That is how transfers are made, not by some staff member wiggling their nose.

Kyle Ramsey

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Austin,

I got your email. You'll be getting one from me in just a few moments.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Austin Williams 1089499
Posted
Posted

Thank you Bryan,

Your time and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance is highly appreciated.

9642.png

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

I believe that Alan Taylor could also do this, but Bryan is probably the fastest option. Sorry to see you go Austin.....

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Mark Wheeler 983770
Posted
Posted

And Austin, welcome to ZLA down here, hope you enjoy yourself!

ZLA Rated V-3/I-11/S-3

61.png