You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Headset Preference ?

Lee Ridgeway 1124048

Lee Ridgeway 1124048
Posted
Posted

What is your preference on headsets ? I purchased the cheapest for now and I can hear transmissions fine but the controllers have trouble hearing me. I tried turning up the volume in the settings in Control Panel but it hasn't make a satisfactory improvement. Does anyone have any suggestions that are working well for you ? My computer is a Dell XPS 410 with a 1.6 ghz dual core processor and a Nvidia Geforce 7400 card. Thanks.

Dell XPS 410

Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 1.86 Ghz

2Gb RAM,

NVidia GeForce 7300 LE

Sigma Tel Audio

XP Pro,

FSX W/SP2, DX9.0

Tanner Novak 1098567
Posted
Posted

Here's what I use:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836504001

Works really well for me. The only con I have is the mic sits at the corner of my mouth, which sometimes makes it harder for controllers to hear me. All I do is move the mic side forward so the mic is right in front of my mouth. But overall it's a great headset.

4014.png

Kyle Koskey 1067284
Posted
Posted
What is your preference on headsets ? I purchased the cheapest for now and I can hear transmissions fine but the controllers have trouble hearing me. I tried turning up the volume in the settings in Control Panel but it hasn't make a satisfactory improvement. Does anyone have any suggestions that are working well for you ? My computer is a Dell XPS 410 with a 1.6 ghz dual core processor and a Nvidia Geforce 7400 card. Thanks.

With my current headset I need to go into the windows audio settings and enable +20dB mic boost and then turn the volume down slightly so it isn't too loud.

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Plantronics USB range have been my favourite for years, currently on the 2nd set.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Jeremy Scardino 1091718
Posted
Posted

I use the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000. Works pretty good, which is surprising, because usually anything from Microsoft stinks. But yeah, works great.

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

I second that motion SteelSeries are literally tough as steel. I've tried Microsoft and Logitech and the 3H is definitely worth the $60 dollars I paid. My main complaint besides durability was that most other headsets can easily be muted by accident. Steelseries you have to apply quite a bit of pressure...