You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[LOW/HIGH AIRWAY]

David Walsh 811659

David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

In VRC you are able to define an airway with the airway name e.g V64 and directly after it, place something like [34] so it would read:

V64[34] (coord) (coord) (coord) (coord)

The [value] was the MSA (3,400') of the airway (V64) and when you displayed the airways in VRC, you could see V64[34] next to the line for V64.

I tried this in ES and it doesn't like it and it won't display the line for the airway at all. Is there any way to add characters after an airway name in a sct file so that ES will display it?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

David,

There is no reason why you can not define airway name like V64[34]. It should work with ES.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

Hi Gergely,

That's what I thought too but it doesn't seem to want to work. I'll keep looking into it.

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

I'm curious, if you added information like that to the airway name, would that cause problems when EuroScope tries to convert a route from a flight strip into a series of waypoints?

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

ES never use the airways from the SCT file for the route extraction. Only the FSNavigator database is used for that. You can name your airways in the SCT as you like.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

The problem was that ES didn't automatically re-select the Airway after I changed the name so I had to go and turn fixes off and then back on again for them to be displayed.