You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problem with ATC requirements

Ramon Pitti 1116846

Ramon Pitti 1116846
Posted
Posted

Dear Sirs:

I have a little question and yet a concern. I want to be part of a long list of ATC that exists in this virtual world, but in reality the requirements post on the site of my division are somewhat contradictory.

On the front gives the following and I quote:

"To apply for ATC training are asked to all users comply with the following provisions:

• Have a minimum of 50 hours as a pilot.

• Have a minimum of 20 hours of OBS in radar systems."

But in the part of the requirements for training formally request reads and I quote:

"To apply to be VATC driver you must:

* Have at least 100hrs as virtual pilot.

* Have at least 30hrs as an observer at the ATC positions divisón.

If you do not meet any of the above requirements please do not expect reply from us, and that all applications will be verified. "

Can someone please tell me which is the final decision?

Another thing ... Why when you give the page click on some links or just trying to move from page to page. I strip to a site error or the hosting site?

2230.png

Ramon Pitti

CAT 4 - Senior Captain

AAL401

MIAAHM

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

why is an FIR requiring flying time at all? this has nothing to do with controlling.

second question is why VATSIM and VATCA are allowing that?

the observer time is usually training while obverser, unless they actually want people to aimlessly observe on the radar?

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I am addressing this. On the surface it does not appear to align with GRP nor our existing policies, but sometimes there is another story, so let's wait and hear what is the case.

Kyle Ramsey

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

"To apply for ATC training are asked to all users comply with the following provisions:

But in the part of the requirements for training formally request reads and I quote:

If you do not meet any of the above requirements please do not expect reply from us, and that all applications will be verified. "

Another thing ... Why when you give the page click on some links or just trying to move from page to page. I strip to a site error or the hosting site?

I certainly hope this is NOT true.....sigh

RJ

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

I certainly hope this is NOT true.....sigh

Me too. This seems to fly in the face of a lot of expectations we clearly laid out for the community in our letter

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35019

and appears to be an attempt to make VATSIM "exclusive" rather than inclusive.

George S. Marinakis

VATSIM6, co-Founder, VATSIM

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Ramon Pitti 1116846
Posted
Posted

Thanks god i have already filled all the requerements; but what about the partners that wants to be some day an ATC. We have all to become a Virtual Pilot addicts.

Is more, i have downloaded a new Wilco Program called "Virtual Tower" or something like that (i doesnt have it here on this machine) that makes me think as fast as the real ATC. And jokesfully i have made me practice as much as they want us to do. I recomend it to all of you.

Hope it will be fixed soon.

2230.png

Ramon Pitti

CAT 4 - Senior Captain

AAL401

MIAAHM

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

It is fixed now, we're just working to get to the bottom of it.

These requirements are not in alignment with GRP and are unenforceable; they will not stand.

Kyle Ramsey

Federico Navarro
Posted
Posted

That information is outdated, currently does not require hours of OBS or Pilot. You just have to send the request for training. In the coming days the new webmaster is going to change that information.

Federico Navarro

DD VATCA

[email protected]

Federico Navarro

AMERICAS RVP 

Ramon Pitti 1116846
Posted
Posted
That information is outdated, currently does not require hours of OBS or Pilot. You just have to send the request for training. In the coming days the new webmaster is going to change that information.

Federico Navarro

DD VATCA

[email protected]

ok ... after the request, the training starts after how many days? And the site continues to have some links and parts down...

2230.png

Ramon Pitti

CAT 4 - Senior Captain

AAL401

MIAAHM

Francisco Obregon 1004310
Posted
Posted

I made note to this to VATSIM a LONG LONG time ago, what did I get? I got reported for defending my position of trying to control in my country FIR.

I ended up doing the 30 hours, and what did they tell me? Oh we have too many controllers, you have to wait until one leaves..

Everytime i try to address this and as to why I got something left on my file for trying to control and even be part of VATCA they tell me, don't worry it's nothing bad, but yet it always shows up.

This was not under Federico Navarro (infact, he has helped VATCA ALOT) looking over, but still, since alot of Admins have looked at this post, maybe someone will finally pay attention to me.

(I ended up leaving VATCA because they would not give me training, thanks alot)

Federico Navarro
Posted
Posted

It is in the process of repair website.

The time to get started training, it is approximately 2 days to review your CID and notify all instructors to see if we can give your workout.

What the captain says Obregon is possible but now we're trying to work as fast as possible for everyone's help.

Federico Navarro

VATCA DD

[email protected]

Federico Navarro

AMERICAS RVP 

Francisco Obregon 1004310
Posted
Posted
It is in the process of repair website.

The time to get started training, it is approximately 2 days to review your CID and notify all instructors to see if we can give your workout.

What the captain says Obregon is possible but now we're trying to work as fast as possible for everyone's help.

Federico Navarro

VATCA DD

[email protected]

I agree, you are doing a great job, keep it up.