You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Overclocking 9600GT! Need help.

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I'm looking to OC my 9600GT 512 MB GPU. What are the optimal values should I turn to?

EVGA precision shows these values:

650; 1625; 900 and 35 for FAN SPEED.

After OC will I get better fps on FS9 (high density airports with fully AI). After all, does it worth over-clocking?

Kind regards,

Fatmir

Fatmir Jusufi

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Most people I know that have overclocked have gotten very little improvement. Seems the number of processors on the chip are more important than the actual clockspeed.

Gary Morris 1090995
Posted
Posted

Fatmir,

I run FSX with full graphics on a 9600 GT, and still get a decent FPS. What sort of FPS are you getting with FS9 up full?

If you haven't already, try running a decent defrag and some system optimization tools. Overclocking is really a last step for getting better performance

Ray Dotulung
Posted
Posted
Most people I know that have overclocked have gotten very little improvement. Seems the number of processors on the chip are more important than the actual clockspeed.

Overclocking CPU will gives extra performance compared to GPU overclocking..

------------------------------------------------------

Indonesia VaCC | Virtual Airlines of Indonesia

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

I agree.. that's why as soon as they announce a release date for the i9's this i7 is going into overdrive. I already got this amazing thermal paste that's brought down my temperatures 20% so I'm thinking at least 3.2 or 3.4.

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted
Fatmir,

What sort of FPS are you getting with FS9 up full?

It's not that bad, actually it's almost perfect but the frames can go down when there's fully AI Pack installed or even when I'm flying online in VATSIM (using SB). This occurs only when I'm on the gates, heavy airports e.g. LSZH, LOWW, EDDF... Otherwise when I'm flying 'offline' and without AI it's perfect.

Overclocking CPU will gives extra performance compared to GPU overclocking..

I have an E8400 @3.00 GHz, so I don't know if over-clocking would improve my FS9 performances.

I agree.. that's why as soon as they announce a release date for the i9's this i7 is going into overdrive. I already got this amazing thermal paste that's brought down my temperatures 20% so I'm thinking at least 3.2 or 3.4.

Yeah, thermal paste it's pretty good. My brother have used it when he repaired his XBOX360 and could bring the temps down.

Fatmir Jusufi

• 3 weeks later...
Gary Morris 1090995
Posted
Posted

I recently safely overclocked my GPU by approximately 15% by changing the clock, shaders and memory

Easiest way to do this is RivaTuner