You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Canadian Convergence Dec 12

Ryan Renz

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

I am trying to gather as much traffic as I can, there will mostlikely be lots of Commercial Tfc Flying in so I hope to appeal to GA.

My tentative plan is to fly in from SEA TAC up the coast VFR on a nice scenic tour to CYVR and join in on the fun hopefully this is enough notice to get some pilots together... Pls Book this in if you can.

My Mooney B is currently parked at SEA TAC and I will be flying it around there this upcoming weekend Nov 28 and durring the week I will mostlikely be Flying down to LAX and do some training, then back up.

The Sched for Dec 12 is to dep around 2000Z (1300MST) and arrive in a Few Hrs for some Dinner and then maybe an Evening VFR tour of Southern BC.

Hope you will join me my last few posts where all for not, but this should be a big event and includes the US, if you have better itin. or ideas I'm happy to oblige!

Thank you!

In My (virtual) Hangar:

C172 :: C-FXMY

M20M :: C-GRYR

Baron 58 :: C-TVUY

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

What about CYYZ?

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Well it would probably take me 8-10 Hrs to fly there, and my last trip took me over that way and didnt have much ATC plus I just installed all new BC Scenery.

However I was thinking that it would be tight on time, but I chewed it over durring the drive home and it sounds like a good idea, I have new TO scenery also.

I will have to get down to LA for a few days and earn my US VFR LIC then back up to SEA TAC and through BC then over to CYWG for some fuel.

So first leg will be KSEA - CZVR - CYWG stop for fuel and some rest

Second leg will take me from CYWG - CYYZ

I was also gonna try to see if anyone could get some CTRLs on for this *Wink Wink* but now this is such a long journey I dont see it happening.

If any one is interested let me know, if we get guys just wanting to go to YVR then thats good too TO will be there next time!

If this looks like it will stick I will update times throughout the week and my status cheers!

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Ok so I flew into LA a while back and was going to do my ZLA V1 there but apparently T and Gs arent allowed at the International, who knew?!

So I headed up to Santa Barbra and Successfuly completed my V1 there yeah!

This week and End of I will stay in the ZLA area and attempt to complete my V2 and V3 if I have time then Next week Head back upto Canada and Fly across to YWG in 2 Hr stages where I will make my final Leg over to YYZ on the 12.

Still flying solo hope to see you there!

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Ok so Dep from Winipeg YWG is tentatively set Saturday Dec. 12 at 1200MST (1900Z) for Eastbound towards TO

this should bring me in the window of 2300-0300Z opperational times. Estimated 180-200Kts at 15500ft weather dependant leaving me about 6hrs on route VFR but I dont see it taking me that long!

I plan to fly ZLA to ZSE SEA TAC tuesday Between 2030Z to 2300Z up the West Coast VFR around 120Kts.

Wed Dec 9 SEA TAC to CYYC same window this will be up the coast this might be more like a 4Hr Flt but I will have to step it up a bit and squeeze it in. If I get done in LA on the weekend early I will either leave on Sunday or Monday and I might do a st. over in YVR.

After CYYC I will head to CYWG same MO, this should give me an extra day Friday, incase we have bad weather or I get delayed.

This will mostlikely be my last post on here unless rqrd, not as though anyone is reading?!

See you in the Sky!

In My (virtual) Hangar: