You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help setting up?

Charles Schrantz 1065226

Charles Schrantz 1065226
Posted
Posted

I don't know if there is a post like this.. pretty sure there is... but does anyone have sometime to help me learn/setup Euroscope via TS? I'm PST -8 UTC. Thanks in advance!

Charles Schrantz

KZSE S3

Charles Schrantz

KZSE's DATM

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

I would strongly suggest to wait for the next release, as you are already S3 and are changing from VRC. Doesn't make sense to invest time in v3.0 anymore. Only if you were completely new and would have to decide whether you should start with VRC or ES, it might still make sense to start with ES to avoid the change between the clients.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Charles Schrantz 1065226
Posted
Posted
I would strongly suggest to wait for the next release, as you are already S3 and are changing from VRC. Doesn't make sense to invest time in v3.0 anymore. Only if you were completely new and would have to decide whether you should start with VRC or ES, it might still make sense to start with ES to avoid the change between the clients.

I understand what you're saying, but we're more or less forced to be taught via the VRC way... but if someone, like myself learns ES and turns other people in my ARTCC to ES as students it'd make it easier, especially when it comes to training and what not. So if anyone has some time to take me through the process and learn all the basics/cool little tricks I'd greatly appreciate it!

Charles S.

KZSE

Charles Schrantz

KZSE's DATM

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

No, what I meant was, that if you learn v3.0a now, you will have to relearn a lot of things very soon, so just wait for v3.1 to avoid that relearning and stick with VRC until then.

Stephan Boerner

Charles Schrantz 1065226
Posted
Posted
No, what I meant was, that if you learn v3.0a now, you will have to relearn a lot of things very soon, so just wait for v3.1 to avoid that relearning and stick with VRC until then.

ah... okay I'm really new to the realm of ES and didn't even now 3.1 was coming out... so I'll wait... do you know perchance when 3.1 will be out??

Charles Schrantz

KZSE's DATM

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

For now, as a Christmas present.

• 1 month later...
Charles Schrantz 1065226
Posted
Posted

As before I'm still an S3 and would like someone to take me from the basics to advanced options of ES. I would try to figure it out on my own but my experience has been to let someone that has advanced knowledge show/help me. I'm available most nights (PST-8)

Thanks,

Charles S.

Charles Schrantz

KZSE's DATM

• 2 months later...
Charles Schrantz 1065226
Posted
Posted

bump bump, I'm ZSE's DATM now and would still like to get training/help with this software!

Charles Schrantz

KZSE's DATM

Charles Schrantz 1065226
Posted
Posted

Correct, no local training. It seems we only use VRC. My time has been opened up a lot so I have both days and nights available and I'm -7 UTC and have both TS2 and TS3 servers setup. Thanks in advance.

Charles Schrantz

KZSE DATM

Charles Schrantz

KZSE's DATM

Charles Schrantz 1065226
Posted
Posted

tonight at 1800 utc will be fine!

Charles Schrantz

KZSE's DATM

Charles Schrantz 1065226
Posted
Posted

aww... okay. Well lets shoot for Thursday then

Charles Schrantz

KZSE's DATM

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

ok, fine for me. Send me a pm with your email, I will send you something for preparation.

Stephan Boerner

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

Hello! If I can help, just let me know. Although I am part of vZID, I live on the U.S. West coast also.

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF