You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Charts for Europe found easy

Jonas Eberle

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I found a lovely solution for charts and feel that I should share that with you.

I use this all the time, for flying and controlling.

Do you know ChartViewer for VATSIM?

I find it a superb tool, made by enthusiastic VATSIM members, actually a merge of 2 programs (ChartViewer and ChartManager). It allows automatic download and updating of all charts that are registered with charts.vateud.org.

Additionally you can put your own charts in a specified directory and this gets shown as well. Via a small filter box you have quick access to all of them. So this is NOT limitted to VATEUD or Europe!

This is not a support thread, and I am just a satisfied user, not developper. Please surf to the ChartViewer webpage to find their forum.

One note I would like to add: As this depends on the charts.vateud.org database, please consider asking your vACC to add their charts to it (directions here).

• 1 month later...
Koen Vandenabeele 1035829
Posted
Posted

Wow this is an awesome application, and works great too!

TAY0122.png

• 4 weeks later...
Nico Plambeck 904229
Posted
Posted

This time we're providing over 12 vACCs with over 180 Airports to all with this system.

Best regards and take care.

Nico Plambeck

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

From some time I get "An error occurred downloading the charts indices" and the board can be accessed due out of memory error. Does anyone know the reason.

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Confirmed, I noticed the developpers.

• 3 weeks later...
Daniel Rechberger
Posted
Posted

Check the Webpage - Version 1.5.1

• 2 months later...
Dave Bedford 1086246
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately I am having the same problem as above. I have tried all the versions with no success on XP

Looks like a good idea though.

Cheers,

Dave

2ikbjgw.jpg

• 2 months later...
Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I did not see this before. The indices download fine, just some charts might be temporarily not reachable or local vACCs provided the wrong link.

Please check if the same problem is in the link found on http://charts.vateud.org . If yes, remind the local chart provider (vACC). If no, contact the ChartViewer developpers by their forum.

This is no support forum and the developpers are not regularly around.