You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Computer Graphics issues (Nvidia GTX260)

Connor McClintock 1004726

Posted
Posted

I just recently got my HP Pavilion Elite Desktop with the nVidia GTX260 graphics card, and so far I only have one complaint.

This graphics card is a great one, so I decided to crank my AA settings up to 8x just for starters, but my FS won't change. By that I mean no matter what my AA setting is through the nVidia control panel it doesn't seem to change flight sim which still shows jaggies. I installed the drivers for the card but it doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Any thoughts?

-Thanks

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
This graphics card is a great one, so I decided to crank my AA settings up to 8x just for starters, but my FS won't change. By that I mean no matter what my AA setting is through the nVidia control panel it doesn't seem to change flight sim which still shows jaggies. I installed the drivers for the card but it doesn't seem to have changed anything.

You'll want to use nHancer. That solved all my AA issues with FS9 and the nv 8xxx Series and above cards.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Posted
Posted

I am using nHancer and I'm still having issues...

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I am using nHancer and I'm still having issues...

What settings are you using, and what driver version? My custom profile for FS2004 un-checks the "Enhance in-game AA setting" check box. I'm using the 190.62 drivers.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Posted
Posted

I just downloaded the new drivers for the GTX260, they installed correctly, in my FS9 profile for nHancer "Enhance in-game AA setting" check box is unchecked, my AA setting through nHancer is 16xQ, and in flight sim "Anti-Aliasing" is checked (but it doesn't make a difference either way)

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I think your in-FS AA should be unchecked. Also, even though in-efficient, have you tried running it Full screen mode? I had no luck with nHancer either for some reason.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

Uncheck in the in game AA and use the nHancer to do the profile.

google is your best friend

http://www.allegiantva.org Join if you have skill!

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

If you're in FSX are you using DX10 mode?

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

• 1 month later...
Atiba Broderick 969630
Posted
Posted

If you have the new driver updates your going to have to revert back to your old drivers because they don't work properly with nhancer.

hj.jpg

Ray Dotulung
Posted
Posted

In my experience nHancer only works with FSX / FS9 if:

1. FSX in DX9 mode, uncheck DX10 preview

2. Nvidia Driver = 18x.xx, not the latest driver i.e 19x.xx

3. nHancer 2.5.1

But who knows... maybe others can.

------------------------------------------------------

Indonesia VaCC | Virtual Airlines of Indonesia

Nuriel Shem-Tov 1120623
Posted
Posted

I have been installing nhancer on both xp and Win7 and never had any troubles with the new nvidia drivers.

This becomes a little "myth" about the new drivers not working. it is a theory created by people who didnt upgrade their drivers or nhancer properly and then rolled back to older drivers and ofcourse then it worked.

what i realized from helping many users with AA not working, is that they didnt perform installation as supposed to.

Many users didnt even reboot computer after updating Nvidia drivers, or didnt bother to reinstall Nhancer after doing the drivers updates of nvidia.

There are many things that can change after doing updates. And in many cases the nvidia control panel was somehow set to Override App control which would totally disable Nhancer's control. (this is one case out of many!)

I had many people argue with me, until i went through the installation processes with them, and we found out why in each case it wasnt working (the AA).

There used to be some issues with older nvidia drivers, i think the 190 or 192 at the time, but then again, this is history and might have been related to people who dont know how to perform proper installations of this software(s).

but, as the world is as it is, everything is possible.

Nuriel Shem-Tov, Amsterdam.

fs_s.jpg