You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No AA IN SB4

Bruno Lindenblatt

Bruno Lindenblatt
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing a problem when in SB4 and FSX. Before I start SB4, my AA is perfect not one jaggy, but when I start SB4 it all goes away and there are jaggies like no tomorrow. What could be causing this?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I don't use SB4, but I used to have a similar problem with FSInn...do you start SB4 from within FSX or from outside? Also if u have more than one monitor, does placing the SB client window on the FSX window vs outside make a difference?

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Bruno Lindenblatt
Posted
Posted

I use it with in FSX, I tried the nhaner fix but it doesn't help. I only have on 30" monitor.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hmmm...I don't have SB or I would try somethings. Here's what all I have tried before I switched to full screen mode to get rid of it, although this was for FS9:

Undock/Dock the SB4 client window

Run Full Screen mode

Verify the resolution of the monitor is selected correctly in the resolution of the Hardware graphics settings

AA and AF (tri) is selected in FSX (nHancer makes mine worse, so I don't use it either)

Last but not least, check your drivers for the card (and sometimes the monitor too).

Bruno Lindenblatt
Posted
Posted

See, it works fine when I am not in full screen, like when I am in a smaller screen the jaggies are virtually gone with SB4 running. When I put full screen up (2560x1600) the jaggies are back. Any idea?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

That's quite the opp effect of FS9 I wonder if it has anything to do with the way SB4 uses the GS windows. BTW, does the resolution match your display, 2560x1600 on ur H/w settings in FS?

Bruno Lindenblatt
Posted
Posted

I have both 2560x1600 on my regular desktop and in FSX, I might just bare with it. 2560x1600 is by LCD's default res.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I guess u might have to bare it..sorry, I can't think of any more things and I can't try it either since I use FSInn...u can reference this post and try posting again in the SB support forum, maybe you may attract a bit more attn there

Bruno Lindenblatt
Posted
Posted

No problem... Thanks