You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

2D Panels

Luke Kolin

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

I've just started fooling around with X-Plane 9.40, and XPUIPC. I downloaded an L-1011 from X-Plane.org, and I noticed that I can only see the top-left 20% of the 2D Panel; I'm used to seeing more complete panels in the MSFS world. Is there any way to zoom out the panel, in 2D mode?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hi Luke, welcome to XPlane world!! If you can see the full panel, which is mostly the case, in the plane maker, then you should be able to see it in display too...Most likely there is a screen resolution mismatch. Also, you would have more panel below than you can see on the screen, so try your down arrow, or map one of the keys, joystick to move down (General down IIRC). You can map keys to pan right and left, that might help you see the rest of the panel. I have to admit though that I haven't tried the L-1011.

Ah, I did forget the last qn, zoom is not available for panel , atleast not that I know off!!

Charan

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Hi Luke ! Indeed, welcome !

Ive downloaded the very same L1011 and for me it works fine....

New York ARTCC

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Most likely there is a screen resolution mismatch.

I'm running at 1920x1080, I'm not sure what mismatch there'd be. I'll try the aircraft maker.

Also, you would have more panel below than you can see on the screen, so try your down arrow, or map one of the keys, joystick to move down (General down IIRC). You can map keys to pan right and left, that might help you see the rest of the panel.

That's what I currently need to do. It's quite annoying.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

The panels dont extend based on screen resolution, so if u match ur screen resolution to the rendering settings then u might see the full panel, albeit not incl the scroll down part. Most of the panels are 1024 x 768 but can be stretched to fit the screen. I dont remember the setting of the top of my head. I run 1680 x 1024 and all panels span the entire width for me. If someone doesnt reply b4 eve, I will send you the screenshots of my setup tonight.

For the up/down there ae two, one which moves the panel up and down and the other which will moves the view down so u can see ahwad better. I find I need both.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1