You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Walk through

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

My transfer to VATSIM North America has been completed, and I've already selected VATUSA as my Division. However there's still a problem, I clicked on Become a VATUSA ATC and then typed my CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word but I got this message:

It appears that you are not a new VATUSA Air Traffic Controller. You probably have completed the signup process previously. If this is the case, you should contact the last ARTCC that you were a member of to determine your status. If you are on the inactive roster, check the MyVATUSA menu and see if you are able to initiate a transfer to an ARTCC. If you continue to have problems, please contact VATUSA Member Support.

I am not really sure what to do next as I don't see any ARTCC transfer under MyVATUSA menu, and I haven't actually joined an ARTCC before. So what should I do next? Should I just email the ATM of my preferred ARTCC and let him know that I would like to apply as their controller?

Enlighten me.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

I have already sent VATUSA Member Support a ticket if that's necessary.

Romano Lara

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

romano didnt you join houston or SFO last time or that never go through?

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Romano,

The best way to receive support is through the support ticket that you said you have already sent. You should receive a response from someone quickly. Feel free to post here if you have any other questions.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
romano didnt you join houston or SFO last time or that never go through?

Nope that didn't went through actually. By the way, I tried logging in on the website, and I saw my name already recognized by the system and it says that I am an un[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned controller. But my problem now is how to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned in an ARTCC.

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

I just got an email from our Division Director and I was asked to transfer an ARTCC instead. I opened MyVATUSA and there's no option there saying "Transfer to an ARTCC" if that's what I'm suppose to look for?

Romano Lara

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

I looked in the system and it appears that you need to take and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the VATUSA Basic Exam, which should then give you the option to select an ARTCC. This confuses me because if you received the message you posted in red, then you should see the transfer option. However, you can't transfer so I'm at a loss on how to help you with this one. Try getting help from Andrew because he designed the system.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Yeah. On the first ticket I sent him, I said that I want to take the Basic Controller Examination as I haven't took this test before and haven't been a member of any ARTCC before, from there I knew there's an error in the system. Then he replied that I should choose to transfer an ARTCC from MyVATUSA menu, another ticket has been sent regarding this concern.

Thanks Alex!

Romano Lara

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

I haven't checked exactly when you transferred into VATUSA, but it is possible that you need to just wait because CERT and VATUSA link every 12-24 hours. After this, maybe your situation will be corrected. Who knows...

In the mean time, you may want to establish contact with your future ARTCC to provide for an easy transition once you do get squared away. Best of luck, Romano!

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
I haven't checked exactly when you transferred into VATUSA, but it is possible that you need to just wait because CERT and VATUSA link every 12-24 hours. After this, maybe your situation will be corrected. Who knows...

48-hours has already p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed since I joined VATUSA. I think it's a problem with Andrew's system not recognizing me as a new Division member. That's why he wants me to request an ARTCC transfer, however the form is not available under MyVATUSA menu. Perhaps I am not eligible for that form yet, which seems to be the problem.

Thanks for the kind [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance, Alex!

Romano Lara

Andrew Podner 994055
Posted
Posted

Romano,

Please post your responses into the ticket system. The information being provided in this forum thread has not made it into your support ticket so we have no way of knowing that the suggested solution from Dec 10th did not work, as there was no reply. Also please stay with a single ticket instead of opening more tickets as the same person may not get each one and it is difficult for us to keep up with what is going on with your situation.

You will find another reply to your ticket in your inbox shortly.

AP

Andrew Podner

Division Director

VATUSA

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Done. Thanks for the accommodation, Andrew. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by multiple support tickets sent. I've finally finished the process of joining an ARTCC, thanks again. Looking forward to working with all of you soon!

Romano Lara

Andrew Podner 994055
Posted
Posted

Nothing to apologize about, just letting you know in the future! Glad it worked out for ya

Andrew Podner

Division Director

VATUSA