You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Color Problems in FS9

Bruno Lindenblatt

Bruno Lindenblatt
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

I am having an problem with FS9 atm, all the colors look like they are layered in FS2004. Like the sky and water, the planes and clouds look very distorted and have a weird tinge to them. I am using REX 2004 and FSglobal, with Wilcos V2 and PMDG and Level D, any ideas?

Landing lights...

1zgzy1y.jpg

Look on the aircraft body...

e6dpn7.jpg

Look in the sky, you can see layers...

2ccp7vn.jpg

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Any chance you're running in 16 bit mode versus 32. In FS9 this makes a huge difference, in FSX none really.

Bruno Lindenblatt
Posted
Posted

sorry, how do I check? My desktop settings are in 32bit...

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

In your Settings->Display->Hardware tab (IIRC) there are display resolutions one set each for 32 and 16. So if you use 1920x1024, there should be two available, 1920x1024x16 and 1920x1024x32, they are not next to each other, just scroll and look for the 32 bit for ur screensize that you are using. Verify you are using the 32 bit, if not , select it and see if it makes a difference.

Just to be on the safe side, make sure you select the exact size of your screen resolution!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Bruno Lindenblatt
Posted
Posted

Your the best guys. that really helped me out, if it were have been a year ago it wouldn't have been a problem. But you forget things... Thanks again.