You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX crash

Bela Szucs 1118447

Bela Szucs 1118447
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I am looking for some help with my FSX crashes. I know there are lot of people having problems with FSX and Vista, and there are lots of different types of problems and solutions. I use Vista, FSX Deluxe edition and Sqwackbox. First FSX worked flawlessly with Sqwackbox and than it started crashing. I had two different types of error messages, one was BEX and the other APP crash. I tried different solutions including turning off Data Execution Prevention which seemed to fix problems for a while. It has been running longer now but it still crashes. Someone mentioned something about memory usage, but I don't understand it. Could it be Sqwackbox? Could it be the add on Aircraft? Why did it run fine in the beggining? Could someone help? I am sure others are having the same problems, maybe we can help each other.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bela Szucs

UAL3315

• 3 weeks later...
Gregory Brill 1088161
Posted
Posted

I would love to see some feedback ont his thread. I am having the same issues. FSX ran fine in the beginning and now crashes after twenty minutes, especially if I am trying to change windows or pull up a view of another console.

Greg

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I moved over to FSX in November and had problems myself with FSX crashing, and this was with XP. I then decided to install Windows 7 64bit version and now FSX runs great, never crashes, i still get the odd bug with SB, but i can live with that as it does not crash my FSX.

So if you can afford it i recommend installing Windows 7 (64bit) , you will find it works nice and stable with FSX.

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...
Gregory Brill 1088161
Posted
Posted

installed windows 7 ( 64 ) and still have the same issues

Greg

• 5 weeks later...
Bela Szucs 1118447
Posted
Posted

Greg!

I have researched some things and it seems to be working better, but not completely fized. It would be interesting to know if you take screenshots? I took a lot of screenshots before, I decided to delete all of them and now FSX runs much, much longer before it crashes. Also I turned off Data Execution Prevention, and that also helped. Now I still have crashes but it's much more enjoyable. I can easily do 1 hour to 2 hour flights and not have a problem. Everywhere you look someone will have a different solution. I have reinstalled FSX a lot of times. I am still not sure if it's not sqwackbox that's causing my problems, but also could be the freeware aircraft that I installed, but I love them too much to uninstall.) Anyway look at those things and let me know I would be interested to know if those did anyhting for you. I did not try Windows 7 yet.

Does not look like a lot of people answered this ha?

B

Bela Szucs

UAL3315

Bela Szucs 1118447
Posted
Posted

Well it looks like that is for W7 I use Vista.

Bela Szucs

UAL3315