You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request

Eivind Fosse 818131

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

I would like to suggest that various parts of the ESE and SCT file can be displayed at various zoom levels.

A few examples: When you’re controlling ACC (CTR) you don't need to display Airport GEO, CTRs, Vectoring Ts and taxiway freetext (among others). Hence at the general CTR zoom level and over watch the airport GEO and various freetext is not needed and may clutter the display. However, you may want to zoom in giving an aircraft a taxi clearance and then it would be nice if the GEO and freetext shows up automatically at a given zoom. At the same time some freetext might be unnecessary when viewing the TMA and CTR, while helpful at the CTR zoom level.

This feature would be highly appreciated (by me at least).

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted

Hi Eivind,

a general workaround would be the use of different ASRs and switching them either with F7 (Shift+F7 to go backwards) or with a click on the ASR name in the menu bar and choosing one in the menu (more than one ASR have to be opened).

I use different ASRs for GND (GEO with taxiway names, gates and stands), TWR (the controlzone with PMPs and GEO but without taxiway names, gates and stands --> no clutter), APP (the APP sector with all necessary fixes, VORs and NDBs, maybe SIDs and/or STARs but without GEO and text on the ground) and CTR (the whole CTR sector with all necessary fixes etc., similar to the APP ASR). If I am online as APP and there is no TWR or GND, I simply open the APP, TWR and GND ASR and whenever I need, I switch between them. Easy and comfortable, I think

Regards,

Jannis

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Hi Jannis,

I did not know that I'll try it out.

Still request the feature though

Eivind