You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC recieving and send text is VERY SLOW

Johnny Guarino 1086653

Johnny Guarino 1086653
Posted
Posted

Every time i send or a pilot text me on the Freq. for a text only pilot it takes VERY long to send and for me to get it? PLEASE HELP! THX

Johnny Guarino

ZAB ARTCC

WWW.VIRTUALB6.net

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

be a little bit more specific. when you say it takes long, how exactly?

important question, do you see the blue borders around the clocks, etc.. ? if not, means you need to lower your hardware acceleration, if not this will cause you to miss the bottom of the text box, thats what causes you to "think" its taking forever, but really you are just missing the first message until another is sent that moves it up

• 1 month later...
Justin Marcus 1131402
Posted
Posted

Ernesto I am having that issue in VRC that you describe, has been anoying me for a while

Whats this hardware acceleration you speak off ?

It looks like the problem is the text box is only big enough for 4 lines instead of 5.

*edit*

oooh you mean hardware-hardware acceleration Turned her off in XP and its working like a charm now. Can actualy see the blue/clock now. (didnt even know there was a clock)

thanks heaps

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

after launching VRC you can turn it back on and it wont affect VRC, but everytime before starting VRC remember to turn it back down