You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EuroScope 3.1 is available for public

Gergely Csernak

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Version 3.0 was introduced more than a year ago in March 2008. Since then my team and myself never stopped adding new ideas and implementing new features to EuroScope. As we were a bit uncontrolled on what should be available in the next release we simply lost the momentum several time to become public for a favor of some new functions. We are still full of ideas and requests, but finally we decided to make a stop and prepare the next public release. If we were alone we would have fixed more things we would have added some more gadgets to the program. Therefore the beta team feels this is not the final version. But we know that it if far more better than version 3.0, and we would like to share the joy of controlling with EuroScope 3.1 with all the controllers of VATSIM.

Some highlights of the new features:

• - Plug-in development environment: Probably the biggest innovation in this release. Using it you can create your own DLLs that can be loaded into EuroScope. As a programmer you can access nearly all the information available about planes, flight plans, controllers around. You are free to make code to add elements to a TAG, draw your own graphics to the radar screen or simply create a complete new view of the traffic. Some plug-ins are available as source code in the installer package.

• - Professional radar simulation: The main idea is to forget some data we receive from the VATSIM servers and simulate how the radar stations receive back data from the planes, how these data is correlated to the flight plans sent. And if all work fine you can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociate a radar position to a flight plan (actually a plane). You can define antenna positions, hole areas, primary and secondary ranges, A+C and S mode transponder readouts. You also have simulated flight plan track display.

• - Complete new TAG types to follow the new possibilities.

• - New simulator features:
    • - Connect to SweatBox server

• - More than 100 AC performance data is stored in EuroScope with the possibility to change them in the scenario file

• - Accurate handling of the AC in high flight levels (simulating IAS and Mach change)

• - Integration with Craig Phillip's ASE editor and scenario file repository (download scenario directly from there)

• - Local FSD support for simulation sessions

• - Automatic sector file publication and download.

• - Metric units.

• - Full VATSIM server status check at startup.

• - The possibility to individually confirm all message types.

• - The voice aliases: It is a complete new (and I hope revolutionally) way to control text only aircraft. We combined the Microsoft Speech Recognition SDK with a regular expression like grammar definition (with sounds like capabilities). These items altogether make the voice recognition stable and precise enough to be used for text only aircraft.

• - Arrival and flight plan lists.

• - Support of VRC's SCT2 format files.

• - All symbols are now freely editable via the symbology settings dialog.

• - The autotext messages are using aliases to allow changing them.

And many many more fixes and new features.

Have you ever imagined you could control virtual flights as real as it gets?

Download the latest version of Euroscope (http://www.euroscope.hu) and see for yourself.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Gergely, for the great work. Also a big thank you to the beta testers. Happy that it is official now

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

John Cierpial 1008209
Posted
Posted

I've been a VRC user for quite some time, but now I think it's time for me to start trying out Euroscope. Congratulations and thank you!

CTP Planning Team Member

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

nice. was still tryin to learn the old version, will have to pick this one up and see if i can finally get used to it

that speech to text feature looks promising

Colm Fitzgerald 1037650
Posted
Posted

Excellent, well done!

Apostolos Damkalis
Posted
Posted

Thank you Gergely - Santa Claus!!! Nice work!!!

Apostolos Damkalis

CTR / HvACC

Apostolos Damkalis

VATSIM Supervisor Team Leader

Regional Conflict Resolution Panel Chairman,Europe

Abk76lz.png

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Thanks, can't wait to get started with it.

Mark.

847924.png

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Excellent News!

atc1o.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted
nice. was still tryin to learn the old version, will have to pick this one up and see if i can finally get used to it
+1...Gr8 Job...Gergely and team, you guys released it as promised!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Nikita Kapko 1015297
Posted
Posted

We waited for it for a long-long time! And now the dream become true!

It is one of the best mornings in this year! Thanks for Gergely Claus and for all his team elfs!

vaccua_baner.jpg

Jachym Vohryzek 890787
Posted
Posted

Excellent news. Big köszönöm and a Happy New Year from VACC CZ!

Jáchym Vohryzek

VACC-CZ

Steven Fauconnier
Posted
Posted

Good job Gergely and team !

All the best from Belux vACC for the upcoming year(s) !

Belux vACC Director (ACCBE1)|Mail: steven.fauconnier(at)beluxvacc.org

------------------

ATSimTest Lead - VATSIM Europe Division |Mail: steven.fauconnier(at)vateud.net

Dieter Lotze 917441
Posted
Posted

I would like to join the group of acknowledgment people here but are a bit disappointed because onesidedness of the OS availability.

Dieter

Dieter Lotze

[email protected]

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Great work! You have made a very realistic radar scope I believe.

Stefan

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

is that an automated ATC mode at start up?

i swear it freaked me out yesterday, i thought it had logged me in as someone else controlling in europe

warning wouldve been nice!! jk

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

To be honest, I've never been that much of an ES fan, stuck to my trusty VRC.

But I'll download, and follow a formation from one of the experienced ES guys here at the French vACC. I'll see what comes out.

Wish me luck !

New York ARTCC

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

Well, now that I can submit flight plans for pilots that do not already have a flight plan, I think I can start telling our S2s "Yes, you can use EuroScope"

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

This looks excellent, I'll be sure to devote a couple of hours to trying this out when I get back home.

Great work!

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Many thanks to all that devoted themselves to making this happen!

I have already seen some very interesting new features and can't wait to explore them

• 4 weeks later...
John Golin
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gergely;

Your work on the plugin architecture has made possible the most realistic implementation of TAAATS to date outside the actual trainers, including radar, ADS-B and non-radar simulation.

TAAATS, The Australian Advanced Air Traffic System, is used to control airspace over more than 11% of the worlds surface.

Thankyou! The local Real World ATC are blown away.

And thanks to Jake Saw for his great work coding the plugin, especially as he did it in his final year at High School only breaking for his final exams!

TAAATSMod by Jake Saw.

preview.jpg

• 2 months later...
Adrian Barnett 1037621
Posted
Posted
Thanks Gergely;

Your work on the plugin architecture has made possible the most realistic implementation of TAAATS to date outside the actual trainers, including radar, ADS-B and non-radar simulation.

TAAATS, The Australian Advanced Air Traffic System, is used to control airspace over more than 11% of the worlds surface.

Thankyou! The local Real World ATC are blown away.

And thanks to Jake Saw for his great work coding the plugin, especially as he did it in his final year at High School only breaking for his final exams!

TAAATSMod by Jake Saw.

How are you simulating ADS-B?

i7-4770K CPU 3.5GHz / 32GB RAM / Win7 Ultimate / EVGA GEFORCE GTX780

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

It is quite simply. You can select some equipment types. If the plane is equipped with it then we [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that ADS-B signal is also received from that plane.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer