You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Temp Alt and airways

Kevin Kan

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted (edited)

For some reason when the plane reaches the "NOT Reached TEMP" alt the information I set does not disappear, like it did in ES3.0a.

second issue in the "Not Cleared or Not Reach Temp Altitude" tag even with a temp alt set it just shows the FP altitude.

Also how come the i cant get planes to show the entire route anymore? For example a plane going from BIGGY J75 TAY, the route only shows to BIGGY now and doesn't follow J75. I have the airways.txt file loaded.

Edited by Guest

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Kevin,

I confirm that the code for Not Reached Temporary Altitude" is changed and I think it was not intentional. I register it as bug.

The second tag item is unchanged. It should not be different from 3.0. Here the docomeentation seems to be wrong (but it is so in the last two years). It shows the sector exit or final altitude. If it is the same as the cleared one (temporary) then a SPACE is added to the beginning.

For the route extraction can you give us the departure and arrival airports and the whole route section for a test.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

I restarted ES3.1 and this time the route extraction worked. I'm not 100% sure why maybe I loaded a bad Airway.txt file.

Thanks

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

I saw this too in other areas, like airline names and airport names. The issue I think was I copied and loaded my old settings.txt file for everything, but the paths of the data files had changes. After loading the new data files, it looks like it required a full EuroScope restart to actually load them properly and display the data.

In other words, I essentially went through, re-opened all of the files (sector file, alias file, airport file, etc.) and restarted EuroScope for it to work.

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF