You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Incorrect report alt in Easy VATSIM mode

Kevin Kan

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

In Easy VATSIM mode, the aircraft report an altitude of A160

In Professional mode, the aircraft report the correct altitude of A01

Aircraft had 16000 filed.

Later maybe 1 hour later. The same plane.

In Easy VATSIM mode, the aircraft reported an altitude of A01

in professional mode, the aircraft reported the correct altitude of A30

The aircraft has 5000 filed.

The route was KWRI CRI ZULAB KJFK KWRI

---------------------------------------------------------------------

An aicraft with NOFP was flying around KBOS.

Easy VATSIM mode displayed A00 which is incorrect altitude.

Professional mode displayed A60 which is correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I promise I'm not looking for bugs on purpose.

Thanks for the great software though.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Kevin,

Reporting an issue is not a shame on you, more on us. To be honest I did not use the easy mode in the last year, just when I wanted to test something. I will take a look.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

So I had another case of incorrect altitude report with a plane on the ground but this time I changed the Correlation mode in the General Settings Tab to Easy then back to Mode-C, and I set the Display Settings Dialog back to Easy mode and now it displays correctly of A02.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Kevin,

I was just thinking about these problems last night and I had a question about your settings. During testing we found that mixing up the correlation mode and the radar display type could cause problems. The best if you use easy correlation mode with easy radar, and A+C or S mode correlation mode with professional radar screen. I even forbid one kind of mixing (professional radar on easy correlation), but the other way is still available. But I guess it could cause also problems. If the FP is not correlated to the radar position, then the actual position data is not copied to the FP area, and the TAG display may be incorrect.

Can you confirm that you have this problems if the correlation mode is also Easy?

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

I have more than 1 ASR open, usually 2 or 3.

Controller ASR. I use Professional Radar with Mode-C correlation in general settings.

SUP ASR and Ground ASR. I use Easy Radar with Mode-C correlation so I can see targets on the ground, when ground control is offline.

The program only allows 1 type of correlation in the General settings, so I have it set for what I use to control.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Mode-C correlation is professional mode only. Easy Radar does not use correlation, and mixing them (obviously) causes trouble. So you have to use either pro with correlation, or easy without it.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Raphael Strobel 1104722
Posted
Posted

I have a similar problem in Frankfurt when controlling as TWR, inbound airplanes seem to stop at altitude 600ft (with an altitude indicater that descends) whereas the elevation in Frankfurt is at 364ft. Pilots outbound without filed flightplan are at A00 and with a flightplan, they are displayed at A04 correctly. I already tried it with a complete reinstallation, including a new sectorfile from the download section and a new ASR, txt and Pro-File ^^

I also tried to switch between the differen Correlationmodes but it seems to getting worse...

Any ideas?

lg

Raphael

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Have you tried Easy VATSIM? With what settings are you on the Display Settings - Professional or easy?

Raphael Strobel 1104722
Posted
Posted

I have tried every combination but my default setting was Easy mode on both settings.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

So you have the same problem when Correlation in General Settings - Easy VATSIM, and in display Settings Simulation mode - Easy EuroScope mode ? If you use Easy VATSIM you should use only Easy EuroScope mode.

Raphael Strobel 1104722
Posted
Posted
So you have the same problem when Correlation in General Settings - Easy VATSIM, and in display Settings Simulation mode - Easy EuroScope mode ?

Yes, it's exactly the same problem. And I don't have the slightest idea how to remove this "bug", i'd say. Well it's not that terrible, but it's very annoying to not having any history dots on the ground, they aren't displayed any more when the aircraft p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es A06 and from time to time, the indicated groundspeed jumps up to over 100kts, althought the aircraft is taxiing at normal speed on the ground, which is very annoying when the leaderlines are activated and EDDF is full of leaderlines.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Raphael Strobel 1104722
Posted
Posted

I'm using my own TAG, but I also tried with the (built in) Matias Tag, the same problems occur...

EDIT: I solved the problem, will tell you more tomorrow too late now, have to go to bed at last

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem - Planes showing descend, while flying level. Reconnecting to the server restores the FL. At the same time the distance to destination screws up - had enroute from Germany to Oslo, Norway and suddenly I saw the planes apparently in descend and the distance to destination all wrong, but matched up with EKYT here in Denmark. A couple of planes also had the wrong squawkcode - and when asked they repeated the code given to them, but the radar showed another.

Strange!

Torben Andersen

C1, EKDK

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Torben,

Be sure to use "Easy VATSIM" correlation mode setting for "Easy EuroScope" simulation mode in your ASR and use "C+A or S mode" correlation for professional radar simulation. If you mix them then the result is unpredictable. We are considering the delete the two options and make the settings the only place where you can change it.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 2 weeks later...
Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted
We are considering the delete the two options and make the settings the only place where you can change it.

If you do this, can you make it saved in the .asr

Example: Tower.asr will have Easy Mode and Center.asr will have professional mode. This way I can control and look on the ground to see where planes are, or control and do SUP duties.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Hardly, because mixing it (and making it based on ASR is nothing different) is what causes the problems. But who knows, maybe Gergely finds a mysterious way ... but I would not count on it.

Stephan Boerner

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

What I mean is delete the setting on the General Setting and ONLY choose it from the asr file.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

I understand that, but that would mean you could have an asr with pro and one with easy open, which is exactly what is causing the problems. You have to choose for the whole session, that's why it is settings and not asr. asr consists only display settings, and pro mode is much more than just display elements.

Stephan Boerner

Tim Murphy
Posted
Posted

I am having an issue with aircrafts coming in for approach and the heading line does not update.

A few times I will vector the aircraft but they readback they are already on that heading. My scope still indicates with the direction line they are on a different heading.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Many thanks,

Tim

Help a newbie!

http://czqm.ca

QM/QX Instructor

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Tim, do you have "use calculated heading" or "compensate FS heading bug" activated?

I noticed ridiculous groundspeed (+leader) indications for aircraft on the ground in "Easy Mode" (General Settings + all .asr's)

Tim Murphy
Posted
Posted

I am not sure . I will have to check tonight.

If i go into the general options-- it will have a check box for either "use calculated heading" or "compensate FS heading?"

T

Help a newbie!

http://czqm.ca

QM/QX Instructor

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted
I understand that, but that would mean you could have an asr with pro and one with easy open, which is exactly what is causing the problems. You have to choose for the whole session, that's why it is settings and not asr. asr consists only display settings, and pro mode is much more than just display elements.

Alright then how do you guys control tower and ground at the same time? I never see planes on the ground in professional mode. The only option is to keep switching back and forth between 2 ASR (one for professional, one for S-mode ground) Is there a way to combine both?

1723.png

atc2o.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

I use pro ground mode, but professional mode should have nothing to do with not seeing planes on the ground. You probably have either squawk standby aircrafts disabled or maybe a filter above ground? Can you confirm that those settings are not causing the problem?

Stephan Boerner

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

In professional mode I have No filters both numbers are set to 0 and I have Show sqk standby aircraft checked. The planes seems to show up only when they reach a speed of 50kts on takeoff run or rollout.

1723.png

atc2o.png