You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice recognition text set up

Matthew Gunn 964355

Matthew Gunn 964355
Posted
Posted

Hi folks - have a problem getting the voice recognition to work - help please if you can:

Running XP - have installed SDK5.1 - do I do anything else with it once installed?

Dropped the example grammar file into the box in the voice dialogue and pressed the two ptt keys using test grammar (got the two boxes at the bottom) but nothing recognised at all e.g. boxes remain blank.

Must be missing something here - what haven't I done!

Other than that - thanks to Gergely and team for the new version - like the new options, especially on managing chat messages (one thing I would like to suggest for a future consideration would be the option for atc messages to be shown across the top of the scope and then fade away - this might be useful for others too). I find it somewhat busy on enroute to be constantly shifting between chat boxes to keep up with messages. Just got to work out all the lovely new tags now!

Thanks again - Matt

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

It is working here. Maybe the engine doesn't recognise your voice at all.

Go to Control Panel -> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices->Speech and hit the Train Profile and run it. After that do the test again.

Matthew Gunn 964355
Posted
Posted

Many thanks - that solved it.

Matthew Gunn 964355
Posted
Posted

OK Todor - next question

I've got the grammar working fine - am developing the file to be more relevant for my area. Can I check the following:

Sentences - syntax can include words, oneoffs, repeats and sequences in combination separated by colons? I haven't quite understood the file structure from the wiki site information but will keep at it.

Is there any potential to allow the message editor to pick up the old $alias commands - as this would save time in sentence construction e.g.

SENTENCE:wind:$winds:runway:etc etc

Thanks

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Matthew,

A sentence line can contain anything that was defined below. In the SENTENCE line you can not use oneofs, repeats and sequences directly. Only names that were defined before. Of course you can use any kind of definition for them.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer