You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM AfghPak in development

Christopher Mauro

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted (edited)

vatafgpakbanner.jpg

In development

More info will come soon

Edited by Guest

Chris Mauro

Roland Collins 800023
Posted
Posted

Hello Christopher.

Nice to see that you are looking to improve ATC coverage in Asia.

As a first step I suggest that you contact William Woo, the Regional Director for VATASIA, since the RD is the only person with authority to create a new division.

Roland Collins

VATSIM co-Founder

VATSIM VP Regions

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

I am currently in contact w/ William Woo and Al Tang

Chris Mauro

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted
I am currently in contact w/ William Woo and Al Tang

But we only got some request of transfer into Asia from you few months ago. We don't get any suggestion or plan on such issue so far.

Please let me know if you have any bright idea.

Furthermore, I have never heard of, not to say endorsed, a "VATSIM Afghanistan/Pakistan developmental team". I have no idea what is this team and it must not be anything official in VATASIA yet.

Please clarify.

William Woo

VATSIM Asia Region

Region Director.

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

I've been emailing Al every month.

Also, I don't plan on transferring but to develop the area, then hand it over to an individual that is more than qualified to run the area.

Chris Mauro

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted

OK, this discussion needs to move to email. Chris -- at the end of the day William is the Regional Director. If you aren't talking to him, you are talking to the wrong person. As an RD he sits on the EC and is the SOLE person in VATASIA who can recommend a new division or FIR be created, take it to the EC and ultimately to the BoG. William has said he knows nothing about it. Obviously there is a comms breakdown somewhere. Recommend you email BOTH of them, but at the end of the day William is the person you need to get approval from.

For everyone else -- as of this posting there is NO VATSIM Afghanistan/Pakistan under development. Should such a project begin in the future, an announcement will be made by the Regional Director.

Dave