By Andrew Allen 1410636
#519691 Hey Guys! I just registered to VATSIM today, and I am using a Mac device using xSqawkBox, and I did a microphone test and it says your good to go. Anyways, I don't know how to do anything.

Things I need to know how to do:

    Talk to ATC / Or talk to somebody in the server
    Use voice chat
    Why I can't hear anyone else talking.
By Randy Tyndall 1087023
#519692 Things we need to know before we can help you with the things you need to know...

Operating System?

Flight Simulator?

Pilot Client?

The VATSIM Pilot Resource Center (PRC) found here... https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre ...will help answer those questions. Have you looked at it? Have you looked at any of the pages and pages and pages of reference material VATSIM and the various Pilot Client Developers have put together?

Randy
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
#519693
Randy Tyndall 1087023 wrote:Things we need to know before we can help you with the things you need to know...

Operating System?

Flight Simulator?

Pilot Client?

Speaking of people not reading information that's readily available...

Andrew Allen 1410636 wrote:Mac device using xSqawkBox

:lol:
By Andrew Allen 1410636
#519695
Bradley Grafelman 1242018 wrote:
Randy Tyndall 1087023 wrote:Things we need to know before we can help you with the things you need to know...

Operating System?

Flight Simulator?

Pilot Client?

Speaking of people not reading information that's readily available...

Andrew Allen 1410636 wrote:Mac device using xSqawkBox

:lol:

Could you send me were that information is?
By Andrew Allen 1410636
#519696
Randy Tyndall 1087023 wrote:Things we need to know before we can help you with the things you need to know...

Operating System?

Flight Simulator?

Pilot Client?

The VATSIM Pilot Resource Center (PRC) found here... https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre ...will help answer those questions. Have you looked at it? Have you looked at any of the pages and pages and pages of reference material VATSIM and the various Pilot Client Developers have put together?

Randy


Operating System: MacOSx

Flight Simulator: X-Plane 11

Pilot Client: I don't know what that is?
By Randy Tyndall 1087023
#519697 Well, that's just downright embarrassing, now isn't it?

My apologies Andrew. I had read your post earlier and came back to it later to find no one had answered and...true to form...made an [Mod - Happy Thoughts] of my self.

Not too proud to say I apologize.

Luckily, I could pass by Bradley on the streets of Boise and not know it was him or he know it was I.

The PRC can be found at the link I put in my other... :oops: ...post. Not sure about xSquawkbox manual, but I assume a readme file comes with the download. Dang it...there I go assuming again. I also assume, well poop, that's two assumptions in one message, that you are using xPlane, probably 11 but maybe not, since you are using xSquawkbox. If you are not using xPlane...wait a minute, let me reread your first post to make sure I didn't miss it...nope, no flight simulator specifically listed, just implied, then I don't think xSquawkbox is the one you want.

Randy

Randy
By Ross Carlson 887155
#519698
Randy Tyndall 1087023 wrote:If you are not using xPlane...wait a minute, let me reread your first post to make sure I didn't miss it...nope, no flight simulator specifically listed, just implied, then I don't think xSquawkbox is the one you want.


Now read his third post. :lol:

Andrew, the pilot client you're using is XSquawkbox, also known as XSB.
By Andrew Allen 1410636
#519704
Randy Tyndall 1087023 wrote:Well, that's just downright embarrassing, now isn't it?

My apologies Andrew. I had read your post earlier and came back to it later to find no one had answered and...true to form...made an [Mod - Happy Thoughts] of my self.

Not too proud to say I apologize.

Luckily, I could pass by Bradley on the streets of Boise and not know it was him or he know it was I.

The PRC can be found at the link I put in my other... :oops: ...post. Not sure about xSquawkbox manual, but I assume a readme file comes with the download. Dang it...there I go assuming again. I also assume, well poop, that's two assumptions in one message, that you are using xPlane, probably 11 but maybe not, since you are using xSquawkbox. If you are not using xPlane...wait a minute, let me reread your first post to make sure I didn't miss it...nope, no flight simulator specifically listed, just implied, then I don't think xSquawkbox is the one you want.

Randy

Randy

Hey Randy, thanks for all your help, yet I still need a lot, would you be able to hop on a discord or a Skype call with me?
By Josh Glottmann 1275389
#519705 Andrew, I suggest you read through the PRC as it answers most of your questions. Also read through any documentation that came with XSB. If you have any questions at that point, come back and ask. Your questions are easily answered if you read the material linked above.
By Randy Tyndall 1087023
#519708 Andrew,

You are being so patient with me, despite my obvious lack of reading skills, a skill I recommend using on these very forums all the time.

By the way, I like my crow baked and basted with a butter garlic mix, gentlemen. Not fried.

Of course I would be willing to help on Discord or Skype, Andrew, but honestly, I don't think I'd be much help as I have never used a Mac device, I do not have the xPlane11 simulator, and I have never used the xSquawkbox pilot client. (Did I get all three that time, gentlemen, now, what? Five or six posts in?) :)

Then why did I chime in here, one may ask...and I'm sure they will? :D I'm asking that of myself, given my obvious faux pas! Well I did so because I wanted to point Andrew in the direction I try to point all those needing help...the PRC...which must be read, a skill, as I pointed and and showed with resounding success, I failed to use in this case.

Start there, Andrew, the PRC. It will answer many, many of your questions. I am also reasonably certain that xSquawkbox comes with setup instructions or a manual. Look at that as well if you haven't already. I recently helped a gentlemen in one of the VAs I belong to figure out how to squawk mode Charlie and how to Ident with his transponder using xSquawkbox and I found a manual to read somewhere on the web, just don't remember where, that I used to answer his questions about the transponder.

And in the future I promise I will read also... :oops:

Randy