By Mark Richards 811451
#356089 VATSIM North America and VATSIM Oceania are proud to announce VATSIM's Pacific Oceanic Partnership.

VATSIM's Pacific Oceanic Partnership is a revolutionary change in the way Oceanic airspace is operated in the online world.

Prior to its establishment, Oceanic airspace within the Pacific was controlled by multiple separate divisions who each set their own operating, testing and certification procedures for controllers and pilots. To staff an Oceanic ATC position you had to have been certified by the division responsible for that particular piece of airspace.

Now, the Pacific Oceanic Partnership Programme has brought together the Oceanic operations of VATNZ, VATPAC, and VATUSA with a standard set of procedures, and a standard training and testing syllabus.

Any questions or concerns, please post in this forum.

Full details at the VATSIM Pacific Oceanic Partnership Website: http://pacificoceanic.vatsim.net
By Mark Richards 811451
#470140 All

Nick Johnston has updated the Pacific Oceanic Partnership Controller list to auto-update from the VATNZ tools.

Anyone who believes that they should have an Oceanic rating in VATNZ/VATPAC or VATUSA, please contact Jeff Smith via the Pacific Oceanic Partnership website.

Mark
By Mark Richards 811451
#472368 The roster had been out-of-date following some upgrades to the VATNZ website. Nick has now reinitialized the membership tools and I believe the roster is now up-to-date.

Please let me know if you see anything that needs changing or updating.

Mark
By Mark Richards 811451
#484969 Updated again tonight so it should all be good now.

I have the process down pat so if anyone is missing from the roster, please let me know.

Mark
By Mark Richards 811451
#493677 Mark is VATUSA7 and responsible for VATUSA's agreement with Oceania for the partnership. He looks after all training and certification for VATUSA Oceanic controllers for the Pacific.