Discussions relating to Virtual Airlines
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I've heard several stories about people getting confused when they can't find a way to buy real tickets on a VA site ...
I've heard that the reason the ZLA website asks you to type "this is not the faa" is because at least one person contacted the staff in an attempt to schedule a tower or TRACON tour... :lol:
By Ross Carlson 887155
Bradley Grafelman 1242018 wrote:
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I've heard several stories about people getting confused when they can't find a way to buy real tickets on a VA site ...
I've heard that the reason the ZLA website asks you to type "this is not the faa" is because at least one person contacted the staff in an attempt to schedule a tower or TRACON tour... :lol:

That's too funny ... they should have given a tour of the ATM's house. :)
By Don Desfosse 1035677
#455165 Oh, it's real.... At least I spend real time on it! Ask my wife!

When I was an ATM, I got an average of 4-5 contacts per year, including requests for facility tours, resumes, employment inquiries, controller complaints (regarding RW controllers), noise complaints, etc. One contact I got was from a guy who retired from the FAA in 1979 who wanted to put together a list of retirees who were still alive and schedule a reunion for any of the survivors that could make it. And we did have a disclaimer on our page. Luckily, I had kept a good relationship with my RW counterparts over the years and just put all these folks in touch with the RW guys....

Ah, the fun! :D
By Colin Schoen 1095510
Bradley Grafelman 1242018 wrote:

I have gotten many. Just to name a few: military personal requesting information regarding a confidential operation that was to be carried out in ZLA airspace and a Boeing test pilot requesting information from a recent incident. Yikes.