Vatsim Convention - Wien 2014
By Luca Benelli 810609
#467206 While we try to recover from a weekend which was great but also tiring i thought it would be good to put something here to see what it was... Not everybody has facebook so you may have missed something in the last few days...
(The presentations will be made available in some form in the next days or weeks.)

The location of the event.

The view...

A big part of the team meets for the first time.... (from the left: Sascha, Daniel, Stephan, Yoram, Florian, Luca & Mike).

Everything ready for the first guests.....

All ready for the Friday evening welcome.

Final discussions on Friday evening...

Gergely speaking about ES3.2 and it's release... (it is ALREADY out in case you didn't notice).

All the LSZH SIDs as generated by GNG - Global Nav Generator (a tool for the creation of sector files - sorry for the quality).

Kyprianos Biris and Andreas Fuchs talking about the real pilot perspective.

The Saturday night dinner.

Roland Collins talking about history :-) .

Terry Scanlan at the dinner :-) .

Conference speakers during the dinner

The name of the open source pilot client was unveiled.

They even had something to show!

The conclusion of the weekend, a beer with Daniel Gomes at the airport while waiting for our flights.
By Daniel Gomes 810882
#467211 And what a weekend it was!

Worth every penny/minute to be part of these Conference.

Finally the opportunity to put some faces in the names we all know very well….
Great organization from Austria vACC (hat’s off to them…), great presentations and, above all a sense of community around one common hobby (FS and VATSIM…).

Her…. :? :shock: Hum … :? When is the next one????? :P :P :P :P

That beer was gooooooooooood ........... 8) 8)
By Don Desfosse 1035677
#467292 So glad it was a good weekend. Question: Will the speakers' slides be made available for the rest of us to view? Although I wasn't able to make it thanks to my employer, I am very interested in seeing what I missed. Granted, not the same as being there, but helpful nonetheless! Thanks!
By Michael Pike 812012
Luca Benelli 810609 wrote:Yes, but we need time to recover first, we will... Also have to go through the video material and see what is usable.

Have you recovered yet? Not that we're impatient or anything! :D