By Zachary Zalass 1205552
#466281 Hi, I am currently attempting to set up vpilot on my remote pc for FSX. When I start vpilot and click anything, the program freezes for 30-45 seconds and is very slow. As a result, it is impossible to set up the program for vatsim use. This does not happen on fsinn.
Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.21 GHz
3GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit
ATI Radeon
This pc is 8 years old, my old work pc. No program has ever been this slow and I ran FSX a few years ago without a problem.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#466294 I know that ... I just asked to rule out other problems ...

Sounds like SimConnect isn't configured right. vPilot doesn't know (or care) that you are running on a network. All it does it communicate with the local SimConnect library in order to send/receive info to/from FSX. If it works fine with vPilot running on the same machine as FSX, but it does not work when running vPilot on a remote machine, then the SimConnect network parameters are not configured right or something is blocking the SimConnect data from flowing between the two machines.
By Andrew Dixon 1073376
#466315 I have this same issue with vPilot on a networked setup. What I have discovered is the net work activity runs at 100% in spikes on the client machine. When this occurs vPilot is very very slow and the connection continually disconnects. At this time wideclient will not connect to FSX. I know this as my 2 computers are connected to the router via a switch and the activity can be observed by the activity lights. Same scenario FSInn and IVAP2 work flawlessly.
What seems to fix this issue is if I pull the Ethernet connection from the client computer and plug it back in the switch into a different socket. It doesn't matter which one just as long as it is disconnected and reconnected. The network activity drops, the lag disappears and wideclient connects straight away. If I shut down fsx and restart fsx again I have the same issue.
For me this is an issue that can be replicated time and time again.
Until this is fixed and the stuttering which I also suffer from, I cannot use this software.
Thanks
Andrew
By Ross Carlson 887155
#466382 If you are running vPilot on a computer other than the one you run FSX/P3D on, please let me know if the movement of other aircraft is smooth or not. Quite a few users are saying it is not, and a few are saying it is. I'm trying to get an idea of how many people this is affecting. So please let me know what you are experiencing, good or bad.

Thanks!
By Morten Steen 860784
#466388 I'm running SB4 networked flawlessly now, will test vPilot asap and post my findings here as per your request.

And, thanks so much for the release and for your contribution Ross, I can't even imagine how many hours you've put in.
By Todd Malek 893834
#466418 Hey Ross,

I can confirm that I am one of those who is experiencing stutters in a networked configuration. From my testing, it doesn't matter where I am in the sim, on the ground or in the air, all other aircraft are displaying the same characteristics. It also makes no difference of the number of other third party SimConnect applications running at one time, whether vPilot is the only app connected or if it's running concurrently with ASN, Aivlasoft EFB/Plan-G, FSRealTime, FSACARS etc. I realize some of those other apps use FSUIPC/WideFS over the network but, from what I hear, they all eventually talk to FSX through simconnect.

Let me know if there's anything you need to help with this.

Cheers!