By Kenneth Haught 1067681
#467145 I'm probably an idiot...but does anyone know how to resolve this issue. I have downloaded/installed SP2, as well as the simconnect tool in the vPilot documentation. Still I get this as soon as FS is running with vPilot. I run both FSX/vPilot as admin, and get this error whether vPilot is in admin mode or not. My FSX directory is not the normal directory, instead on a dedicated hard drive if that makes a difference.

Win 7 Ultimate
By Don Desfosse 1035677
#467179 Hi Ken,

First, you're not an idiot.

I don't run networked, so all I know is what I've read, but I assume you're running networked since your using SimConnect. The only thing I can think of is are you sure you are running the same version of SimConnect on your remote machine as you are on your FSX machine? What version of SimConnect do you have installed?

If you are, please also confirm that when you upgraded to SP2 that you already had SP1 installed?
By Kenneth Haught 1067681
#467710 Actually on the same machine (so not networked). That's just the error I get when starting vPilot. I assumed it used SimConnect as it's "talking" mechanism...

Hehe and how do you know...I could just be an idiot, cause it's probably something glaringly obvious. Yes, I did have SP1 before SP2.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#467714 Kenneth, please go into the control panel, choose "Uninstall a program" and go to the details view (so that you see Name, Publisher, Version etc. columns) and let me know what is in the Name and Version columns for FSX. The name should start with "Microsoft Flight Simulator X". Let me know what the rest of the Name is, and what the Version is.