By Robert Grant 812419
#468315 Ross great work
Network now smooth as

I too have noticed the opposite lock syndrome..acft banks right..model banks left. ans this was before traffic proxy

One thing I have noticed so far with traffic proxy is that occasionally the Ai traffic appears to just stop or the sim freeze momentarily then continue on smmmmmooootthhllyyy :mrgreen:

Regards

Rob
By Ezio Cingolani 953405
#468318 Ross,
great job....installed right now and made a quick test. Aircraft movement on the ground is smooth as silk. Didn't have the time for a full test over an entire flight. I'll do it later on today and report back.
Thanks a lot..!

Ciao
By Ross Carlson 887155
Robert Grant 812419 wrote:One thing I have noticed so far with traffic proxy is that occasionally the Ai traffic appears to just stop or the sim freeze momentarily then continue on smmmmmooootthhllyyy :mrgreen:

That usually indicates that there is some internet lag in the position updates coming from the aircraft. It'll happen with or without the proxy.

However, one thing that you will only see with the proxy is a 5 second pause in the aircraft's movement if you start the proxy after you're already connected with planes in the air. That pause happens when the proxy "takes over" from the main vPilot window to handle aircraft position smoothing. Normally you won't see this because normally you'll have the proxy running already when you connect to VATSIM.
By Ezio Cingolani 953405
#468366 Ross,
I tested the Beta release today on an EGKK-LGTS flight. AI traffic was very very smooth (very well done...!). However, I had an OOM crash almost at the end of the flight more than three hours since departure. I don't know if it may be somehow related to the new Beta installation on the main PC, however I hadn't had OOM for ages since today and it seems just more than a coincidence.
What's your thoughts on this ?
Regards
By Ross Carlson 887155
Ezio Cingolani 953405 wrote:What's your thoughts on this ?

I don't see how it could be related, but who knows ... FSX is a finicky beast.

I would suggest you keep trying and if it keeps happening, try running an older version (if you can handle the stuttering movement) and see if it happens with an older version.
By Marcelo Duran 1176670
#468375 Hi Ross.

I 've just installed the new beta version.
Aircrafts position updates are smoooooooooth!!!!
I also noticed the opposite bank/turn direction issue... a FDX (mapped to VIP texture) and a VIR (mapped to a default A321).

Regards. Duran.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#468377 The opposite bank issue has been there since the start of the closed beta ... just didn't get caught. Only happens if the other pilot is also using vPilot. I have fixed it and will release a new version soon. Just want to give the open beta a bit more time to run.
By Ezio Cingolani 953405
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:
Ezio Cingolani 953405 wrote:What's your thoughts on this ?

I don't see how it could be related, but who knows ... FSX is a finicky beast.

I would suggest you keep trying and if it keeps happening, try running an older version (if you can handle the stuttering movement) and see if it happens with an older version.

Ross,
just to let you know that today I replicated "offline" my yesterday's flight keeping an eye on the VAS usage (I usually don't have any VAS monitoring enabled). During the entire flight my VAS was around 1.1 Gb, but when I arrived close to LGTS it sank to a poor 200 Mb, so my conclusion is my yesterday's OOM is not related to the proxy running.

Ciao
By Ezio Cingolani 953405
#468408 Ross,
sorry to be back again.. :(
I have to report an issue I had with vPilot this evening: halfway through a flight I completely lost all my TX/RX capabilities as well as my ATC connections.....all of a sudden the left hand side of the vPilot control panel showed no more ATC online (even if they were on line) and I could not PTT anymore ( I have configured the PTT through the proxy) or listen to ATC voice. I disconnected vPilot from VATSIM network and tried to shut down and restart the proxy, then I reconnected vPilot and ATC were again displayed on the vPilot control panel, but still it was impossible to transmit. I had no other choice than disconnect again and complete my flight offline.
Any idea what might have caused this ?
Thanks
Ciao
By Ross Carlson 887155
#468415 Hard to say ... let me know if you run into it again. Might be a good idea to run in debug mode for now.

Since you didn't see any ATC online, it sounds like a server issue, but that's mostly a guess.