By Richard Boudreault 937955
#474220 Finally it did work last night I connect on vpilot.
But now what do I do to see vpilot direct on my screen when I'm in FSX (like the past with swquackbox) ?

Do I have to activate FSUIPC 4 ?? or just register it ?

Also I want to thank you for your time answering my question not always clear :)
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Richard Boudreault 937955 wrote:Ok but how to see if there is a channel ON when you fly ?? You always have to exit the flight and come back in the cockpit ??

If you're in Windowed mode, you can use "AlwaysOnTop" type programs to make vPilot stay on top of the FSX window even when you switch back to FSX.

Alternatively, I suspect many (including myself) utilize secondary (or tertiary, or...) displays.
By Tomas Hansson 840812
#474236 Windowed mode is the way to go. Make sure the sim is not set to "pause on task switch" or whatever it is called. Also, no need for an add-on "stay-on-top" program. Just check the "Keep window visible" option in vPilot to keep the main window on top of all other windows!
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Tomas Hansson 840812 wrote:Also, no need for an add-on "stay-on-top" program. Just check the "Keep window visible" option in vPilot to keep the main window on top of all other windows!

Heh... see, these extra displays have spoiled me; I completely forgot that was (wisely) built into the software itself. Apologies!
By Don Desfosse 1035677
#474242 I've never used xplane, so I can't give you a comparison, but I'd suggest not switching programs until you hear from AT LEAST one other member of the community to tell you which program is easier/harder to set up.... You don't want to get into a "grass is greener" situation.

I believe these are the (wise) recommendations in play:
1. Use FSX in windowed mode, not full screen mode
2. In FSX, go to Options - Settings - General - and deselect Pause on Task Switch
3. In vPilot, go to Settings - General - and select Keep window visible (note that this is unnecessary if you use two (or more) monitors; simply use vPilot on the second monitor)