By Ross Carlson 887155
#485672 Given the recent minor surge in interest in adding an observer mode to vPilot to support shared cockpit operations, I decided to implement this feature and provide it for download for any users that are willing to try it out. Note that I have not tested this version beyond just making sure it connects as an observer and properly ignores the other aircraft so that you don't get a ghost aircraft at your location.

If anyone would like to try it out with another pilot in an actual shared cockpit flight, please download and install from this URL:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/File ... .30908.exe

Similar to FSInn's shared cockpit feature, the co-pilot will need to connect in observer mode using a callsign that is identical to the pilot's callsign, with a single letter appended. For example:

Pilot: Connect as JBU123 in normal mode.
Co-pilot: Connect as JBU123A in observer mode. (Any letter will work, doesn't have to be A.)

Please report back here and let me know how it goes.
By Will Reynolds 1097663
#485693 Ross, great add on, I just tested it tonight.

Connection is seamless. I was flying as observer and nobody could see me and I could see the same traffic as the person I was sharing the flight with.

Only issue was that I could also see my aircraft as well as the person I was sharing the cockpit with. On the ground they were mostly together but in the air they flew in trail.

If there was a way to remove my visibility of my own aircraft would be great.

Thanks for implementing this by the way.
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Will Reynolds 1097663 wrote:If there was a way to remove my visibility of my own aircraft would be great.

According to the post above, it already "properly ignores the other aircraft so that you don't get a ghost aircraft at your location."

What callsign did you use when connecting? What callsign was your pilot/copilot using? (Subsequently, how did you ensure the adage "Trust, but verify" was adhered to, e.g. verifying what callsign your pilot/copilot was actually using, not what (s)he said. :P )
By Will Reynolds 1097663
#485710 Ross, just a follow up to my post.

The ghost aircraft appeared when the observer logged with a number as follow on to the call sign but works perfectly if adding an "A" to the calling instead.

Either way, extremely happy and impressed, many thanks

Will Reynolds
Emirates VACC Director
By Mark Foister 1231276
#485754 Hi there,

My Vpilot is totally fine, But when me and friend try to connectto VATSIM , I use FSX and he uses P3D and his sim crashes but mine stays fine. He will literally connect and then after 4 seconds his P3D will crash but mine don't. Maybe it's just a bug ?

Thanks
By Ross Carlson 887155
#485755 I would imagine that's a problem with the shared cockpit feature of the aircraft you're using, not vPilot. I'd ask in the relevant aircraft developer's forum.
By Mark Foister 1231276
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I would imagine that's a problem with the shared cockpit feature of the aircraft you're using, not vPilot. I'd ask in the relevant aircraft developer's forum.

We are using the SP3 Airbus, So i don't see a problem
By Ross Carlson 887155
Mark Foister 1231276 wrote:
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I would imagine that's a problem with the shared cockpit feature of the aircraft you're using, not vPilot. I'd ask in the relevant aircraft developer's forum.

We are using the SP3 Airbus, So i don't see a problem

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement ... can you elaborate?